• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Squad Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd like everyone to sit down and think about the fact that Shaun Marsh is in the Test squad but not the T20I squad.

adub

International Captain
I think White will be pretty stiff to miss out on a top four spot and I'd probably look at him opening. Boi really seems to have turned his game around.

Surely the Maxwell batting anywhere up the order experiment is done for a while too. He'll play for his overs, but I'd bat him below Rad.

Something like:

Finch
White
Watson
Warner
Bailey
Haddin
Maxwell
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Hogg

Would give us good variety and deep batting.

Cutts not making the cut is a big miss for mine. Said to the missus as he walked out against the Poms "watch this boi clear the fence" and he didn't disappoint. Reckon he would have been a much better option than Christian. Hodge over Lynn was also a bit iffy.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah the thing which works with Maxwell up the order in t20's is that if he fails he doesn't soak up balls failing. He just gets out. So he literally just either explodes or gets outs he doesn't make 5(15) often. You're not really losing anything with him up the order.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because this job for the boy involves Brad Hodge. Look forward to him describing the grounds in Chittagong as "well, its not exactly Lord's"

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah the thing which works with Maxwell up the order in t20's is that if he fails he doesn't soak up balls failing. He just gets out. So he literally just either explodes or gets outs he doesn't make 5(15) often. You're not really losing anything with him up the order.
Yup, then have a bloke like Lynn/Hodge down the order as the reliable finisher.