• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd place playoff - Brazil vs Netherlands

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Scolari making subs to foul and injure people. What an approach.
He's always been a cynical **** tbf. His Palmerias sides of the late 90s/early 00s were notorious for playing absolutely terrible football.

How have I noticed that Clarke Carlisle is an absolute idiot?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone gets injured from the contact and you decide he dived. Jesus Christ.
Contact that was initiated by Oscar diving. Correct decision, made all the more amazing by the fact that the referee is giving Brazil everything else.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
ESPN comms calling the 2nd goal offside is pissing me off. Linesman gave benefit of the doubt and everyone gets confused. Wtf

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Contact that was initiated by Oscar diving. Correct decision, made all the more amazing by the fact that the referee is giving Brazil everything else.
He put his leg right across him in between Oscar and the ball. Not sure what your definition of a pen is, but that's pretty much mine.

grecian

man being a ref is ****. Would be about 10 players left if the rules were followed.
Nah it's epic get to fly around the world getting paid withoit having any discernible talent, and the boards back you no matter how incredibly **** at your job you are.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nah it's epic get to fly around the world getting paid withoit having any discernible talent, and the boards back you no matter how incredibly **** at your job you are.
nah, I'm convinced it's impossible to actually be good at football refereeing. So much **** to keep track of and decisions to make in a split second where you couldn't possibly know what actually happened without a tv replay.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Every moment from Brazil is making me more annoyed that they scammed their way past Colombia in the quarters and what we missed by not having Hyamez and co in the last four. Has there ever been a worse - or at the very least, more disappointing - World Cup semi-finalist?

Teja.

Global Moderator
lol Brazil. Plays ****, abrasive football, has the benefit of terrible referring, concedes 10 goals in 2 games as a world cup semi-finalist at home. good going.

Pothas

Every moment from Brazil is making me more annoyed that they scammed their way past Colombia in the quarters and what we missed by not having Hyamez and co in the last four. Has there ever been a worse - or at the very least, more disappointing - World Cup semi-finalist?
Nope and think of some of the unlikely sides that have made it over the years.

I really wanted Chile and Colombia to beat them but the 7-1 is the defining event of this tournament so kind of glad they got through now.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Genuine question; Does Netherlands have no-one better than Dirk Kuyt to play in that position?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Showed early promise, got thrashed in a couple of big games, and finished 4th. Sounds like Arsenal's season :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Teams who have conceded 12 or more goals in the current World Cup format:

Saudi Arabia 2002
North Korea 2010
Brazil 2014

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Genuine question; Does Netherlands have no-one better than Dirk Kuyt to play in that position?
There is Janmaat, but he didn't do much when he got the chance.

Speaking of Dutch side backs, Daley Blind must be a candidate for most overpriced post-World Cup transfer. Hoping Man Utd jump on him