• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FINAL - Germany vs Argentina

Spark

Global Moderator
13 JUL 2014 - 16:00 Local time
FINAL
Estadio do Maracana
Rio De Janeiro
GERMANY v ARGENTINA
16:00

That's 5am here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Argentina will actually try and have a go tbh. But, like tonight, they just won't have the players to really threaten. Will be interesting to see how well they can do against a team that's actually attack-minded. Might not be a classic game, but it'll be more eventful, or at least of a higher-quality than today's.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just think how good Argentina would be if players from the Falklands were eligible for them :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The 'Final' game is a parody that is little more a sad embarrassment to the players and their fans alike. You could argue that the game is a chance for the players to prove themselves a bit, but I'm 99.94% sure that all the German and Argentine players want to do is to return home and put their feet up with their families and friends.

FIFA really needs to take a hard look at this piece of sporting stupidity and dump it. After all, can anyone remember the winner from 1998, or even 2006 without Googling it? And even if the odd person does remember, do they really care?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope Argentina can annihilated. All they do is park the bus and rely on Messi to create a goal somewhere along the line.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking for a German win. For some reason I really enjoy watching them play (was rooting for them before the 7-1 rout too). I don't know enough about soccer to explain why - they just have a 'rhythm' that I find pleasing. Or I'm speaking out of my ass.
Yeah they're about to take over the world with their revolutionary fast, direct, aggressive and well-organised strategy. 1940 all over again.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well-organised high paced attacks which leave the opponent's static defence in disarray does have a certain familiarity to it

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So who's Mascherano going to be tasked with marking today? Ozil, Kroos, or Muller? Given his lack of support one suspects he might end up having to try to contain all 3.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Reports say DiMaria and Aguero are fit. Be interesting to see if they play. So Maria I can see playing but Aguero hasn't played a game yet has he?