• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FINAL - Germany vs Argentina

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
For all his goals, Müller is a hard bloke to warm too.
Yeah thought that when I heard his Brazil post match interview. The way he said "at some point your opponent is broken" struck me as pretty ****ing cold. Can play though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Commentator has just referenced Rome in 1990 as that was also goalless at half time. However I feel in entertainment levels they are poles apart. Argentina may not exactly be all out attack but it's not even approaching the cynicism of their 1990 side.

I don't remember Italia 90 much from at the time but I bought a highlights video if it when I was 8 and watched it every 3 weeks
Italia 90 was so dire it prompted a change in the passback law.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Lavezzi off - interesting to know if that is purely tactical, because I thought Lavezzi was probably Argentina's most dangerous attacking player in the first half.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh FFS Lionel that was your legend moment.

Sheesh great match, terrible finishing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Hun don't look overly convincing IMO. Shame Messi didn't score there, the Argies have at least had a crack instead of constantly defending as I thought they might have.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lavezzi off - interesting to know if that is purely tactical, because I thought Lavezzi was probably Argentina's most dangerous attacking player in the first half.
Yeah it strange. Definitely agree he looked Argentina's liveliest attacker

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember when Mascherano played for West Ham
ATM West Ham Players better than Messi/Maradonna in World Cup finals, Hurst, Peters.

A touch of the Schumachers from Neuer there.

Free-kick to Germany, and they say 'keepers are too protected in t'modern game.

Last edited: