• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FINAL - Germany vs Argentina

Teja.

Global Moderator
Robben was robbed. :ph34r:

Nah, probably the right call to give it to Messi. James might well have shipped it if not for **** referring though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I predicted Messi for golden Ball but not sure he earned it after the group stage
I'd still probably give it to Hyamez, though having gone out in the quarters history is very much against him.

Edit - wait, they've already given it to Messi? **** off.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Colombia most likeable team for me, certainly played the most exciting football throughout the tournament.

Thoughts on the Messi not an ATG without lifting the WC talk? Load of rubbish for me, you only have to look at what he's achieved at club level to see how good he is. Not his fault the Argentinian side have either been average, or had a ****house manager to go with it. Still one of the best players of all time imo.

I didn't mean in general re Gotze. Said before the semi he should have started ahead of Ozil, and it was dismissed, due to him apparently having a **** tournament. Fixed that tonight!
It's not really this though is it, he's had a World Cup that puts him in the conversation, if he'd not finished awfully in this game it would have put him in a genuine GOAT talk. It hasn't helped theguy that miss may becme his defining World Cup moment.

BTW Germany has become the first European team to win outside their continent. Fair play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did Rodriguez get the golden boot? Maybe they have a policy of not giving one player two awards

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not really this though is it, he's had a World Cup that puts him in the conversation, if he'd not finished awfully in this game it would have put him in a genuine GOAT talk. It hasn't helped theguy that miss may becme his defining World Cup moment.

BTW Germany has become the first European team to win outside their continent. Fair play.
Well if by first you mean first since 2010 then sure

first in the Americas

Johnners

You mean aside from Spain last world cup? :p

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Any of Neuer, Hummels, Kroos or Müller would've been pretty fair IMO, but James was probably the best player who didn't win it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Really classy of the Germans to form that guard of honor for their opponents.

Also, we need some screen shots of the lady friends of the German players. My word, what talent.

Pothas

I just assumed that he was going score that as well, was not a total sitter though so not sure it will be all that well remembered.

He has been slightly unfortunate that his very peak fell between World Cups.