Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Semi final 2: Argentina vs Holland

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    So far someone has said Argentina and Netherlands are the best. That's it. They haven't explained why and have provided no reason for thinking this. I've simply said back that I don't agree and Fifa rankings don't either. I understand you think the Fifa Rankings are poor when deciding who the best team is in the Fifa World Cup, that's cool.

Anyway, I'm hoping Argentina win against the Dutch, but whoever wins this game is the team I'm going for in the Final.

The FIFA rankings might as well be drawn with lottery balls for all the sense they make.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Really want Messi to win the whole thing. At least Brazil are out, though so I wouldn't be displeased if any of the remaining trams won it.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 09-07-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Simon Champion!
    Go the Dutch!

Simon Champion!
    Van Persie, Vlaar seem doubts.

De Jong seems 50/50 to play too.

For Argentina Di Maria is out, Aguero should be back though a doubt.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I think the Dutch will do their typical bottle job here tonight. Can see them going out on pens or something.

That said, I think they've got a far better chance of beating Germany in the final than Argentina do.

Rooting for Messi-ah tonight

And hoping for Germany to lift the cup
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

That said, I think they've got a far better chance of beating Germany in the final than Argentina do.
    Yeah can definitely see why you would think this but if Argentina played on the counter then I could see them beating Germany.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Yeah can definitely see why you would think this but if Argentina played on the counter then I could see them beating Germany.
    Yeah, it's far from inconceivable. I just think Germany's midfield will be too much for Argentina's midfield to cope with. I've never especially rated Khedira before, but if he plays like he did last night in the final I think he and Kroos could just run the whole thing and Argentina might really struggle to get Messi into the game. Netherlands' midfield on the other hand is much more robust and organised, if they really got it together for the final I think they could shut Germany out for long periods, and they have plenty of players who can counter-attack really effectively. Netherlands' also don't have totally prank fullbacks like Brazil, which I think a lot of Germany's dominance last night can be attributed to. To be fair to Argentina their fullbacks are pretty good as well though.

I don't think Van Persie being out tonight (if he is) is that big a miss for Netherlands though to be honest. Great player as he is, I don't really think his style of play is especially well suited to a team that plays the way they do. If they lose Robben somehow, one suspects they'd be toast.

Simon Champion!
    Holland starting XI: Cillessen, De Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Kuyt, De Jong, Sneijder, Wijnaldum, Blind, Robben, Van Persie.

Argentina starting XI: Romero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo, Perez, Biglia, Mascherano, Lavezzi, Messi, Higuain.

Dutch Football @football_oranje 10m
    Louis van Gaal on De Jong recovery, "The miracle has happened." #NED

Do you honestly ever post anything original? At least you're no longer trying to dress up the stuff you copy from other websites as your own I suppose.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Do you honestly ever post anything original? At least you're no longer trying to dress up the stuff you copy from other websites as your own I suppose.
    Erm what ? I know you have a habit of deliberately responding to my posts and nitpicking and trolling for no reason, but this is a lame attempt.

I copied the lineups and quote from twitter.
    Last edited by Cevno; 09-07-2014 at 01:20 PM.

That pass from Higuain...
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Nice touch from Argentina sporting black armbands to mourn the death of Brazilian football.
    The Sean likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Late change for Argentina spells trouble for the Dutch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information