• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi final 1: Brazil vs Germany

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
he's an utterly useless manager; germany's success is in spite of him. Clueless with personnel and tactics.

Literally anyone could have achieved the success germany have had over the last 6 years, he's simply landed the job at the right time.

Plus he's got a really stupid hairdo.
ok.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wouldn't have started Klose. Unlikely to be able to last 90 minutes and Germany have no up front options on the bench if they need a goal late in the game. Would have to be Hummels or Mertesacker going up top...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, it'll be Martinez when the time comes.

Ha, comedy defending from Brazil. An umarked Muller only ends up one way.

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting way to defend a corner, giving the guy five yard from the centre of the goal a good few yards of space...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Comedy goal but a great start. As much as I don't like this Brazil I want them to show something now.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Probably biased, don't really rate him, but he was awful in their last game, and had a shocking end to last season. Love Draxler too. Good old FM bias.

Talking of FM bias. I hope Bernard plays well.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ozil really should have been dropped for Draxler or Gotze. Was dire in the last game.
What have Götze or Draxler done in recent months?

Edit: Hadn't scrolled down. Yeah what Pothas said. And Özil also seems to be the only attacking player for Germany who's ever criticised for a poor game.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Draxler earnt a 7.86 average rating in the Bundesliga for my Bayern side. :ph34r:

It's early, but Brazil look clueless when it comes to breaking down this German defence. No spark with Neymar gone. Has Bernard touched the ball yet?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Edit: Hadn't scrolled down. Yeah what Pothas said. And Özil also seems to be the only attacking player for Germany who's ever criticised for a poor game.
Because he's no longer a trendy player to gush over now that he plays for Arsenal.