• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

Spark

Global Moderator
It's all too soon, eh?

04 JUL 2014 - 13:00 Local time
QUARTER-FINALS
Estadio do Maracana
Rio De Janeiro
FRANCE v GERMANY
13:00

04 JUL 2014 - 17:00 Local time
QUARTER-FINALS
Estadio Castelao
Fortaleza
BRAZIL v COLOMBIA
17:00

05 JUL 2014 - 13:00 Local time
QUARTER-FINALS
Estadio Nacional
Brasilia
ARGENTINA v BELGIUM
13:00

05 JUL 2014 - 17:00 Local time
QUARTER-FINALS
Arena Fonte Nova
Salvador
NETHERLANDS v COSTA RICA
17:00

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Thought of that, but this'll do for quarters. We can do individual threads for the semis.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Argie vs Belgium game looks missable after what I saw today. Maybe just go straight to extra time or penalties. Would normally support anyone playing the Argies but Belgium pretty unlikable.

Friday is a day for the underdogs for me. I'll be cheering on France and Columbia. Columbia has the more realistic chance to upset. The Brasil we have seen so far is in trouble if Columbia turn up.

Stapel

International Regular
Argie vs Belgium game looks missable after what I saw today. Maybe just go straight to extra time or penalties. Would normally support anyone playing the Argies but Belgium pretty unlikable.

Friday is a day for the underdogs for me. I'll be cheering on France and Columbia. Columbia has the more realistic chance to upset. The Brasil we have seen so far is in trouble if Columbia turn up.
May I ask why?
Apart from Dries Mertens, a filthy rotten diver that exceeds both Suarex & Robben on any given day, they're quite likable imo.

Tangles

Belgium has Fellaini. That makes them unlike able to me. I'll be bitter about Moyes signing this clown for a while.

Belgium vs USA was decent but for their talent it took them forever to score. They only scored the first because the US had a high line and Besler got sat down by Lukaku. Argentina may suit them if they can hit on the counter and triple team Messi. If Argentina are prepared to defend in numbers and wait for Messi magic I can see a dull game. An early Belgium goal would help the games pace but Belgium haven't scored any pre 70 min goals yet.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would like to know what you consider a good game if yesterday was "decent".

And if they had been facing Argentina's keeper rather than Howard, they'd have won by about five.

Tangles

Would like to know what you consider a good game if yesterday was "decent".

And if they had been facing Argentina's keeper rather than Howard, they'd have won by about five.
I would have preferred a more open game for the whole time. The USA parked the bus and that took away from the game as a spectacle until they were forced to attack.

The Argie keeper looks vulnerable but will they dominate possession against them? The US gifted possession back to them for most of the game. I can't see Argentina being that bad in possession.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Belgium and USA was just brilliant. I mean it was amazing in extra time but it was pretty damn good in normal time as well.

If USA 'parked the bus' then they did not do it very well because Belgium had so many chances.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I stand by my decision to go to sleep after the joyous occasion that was Argies V Swiss

Tangles

Yeah Belgium and USA was just brilliant. I mean it was amazing in extra time but it was pretty damn good in normal time as well.

If USA 'parked the bus' then they did not do it very well because Belgium had so many chances.
They had 2 banks of 4 sitting deep with a 9 th man back with them for long stretches. The amount of saves by Howard shows that it didn't nullify the Belgians as they would have hoped.

The quarter final will all depend on how conservative Argentina is. I expect Belgium to be cautious.

I'd rather talk about the Columbia game. Can James do it again? Will Brazil attack?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of Belgium's chances (and both their goals) came on the counter, which wouldn't be possible if USA were just parking the bus but doing it badly. It was an open game with both sides going for the win but finishing very badly.

Tangles

A lot of Belgium's chances (and both their goals) came on the counter, which wouldn't be possible if USA were just parking the bus but doing it badly. It was an open game with both sides going for the win but finishing very badly.
I don't think it was that open until Wondalowski came on with 18 to go. That's when the US started pushing the game a bit. To their downfall eventually as Besler was beaten for the first goal quite high up the pitch. Before then Belgium had a lot of possession with the US quite deep.