• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well now my financial interest is over I am fully behind Colombia.

Would be happy enough for Messi to win or the Dutch I suppose, don't want Germany or Brazil to win it.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Hummels has been absolutely exceptional tonight. With blokes like Neuer, Hummels, Lahm and Howedes at the back, they're going to be very hard for any team to get past. Need to start Gotze in place of Ozil though.
Teams have got behind them on occasions but they recover well and Neuer is quality.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Really disappointed with that second half from France - I thought we could have been up for a cracker of a finale but it never materialised. Out with a bit of a whimper considering their performances earlier in the tournament.

Fair play Jerry, they keep on doing enough.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Germans did the bare minimum to go through. Hummels excellent, so was Neuer. Other than that France had nothing to offer up front. Back in the day the had a squad with the likes of Zidane, Henry, Trezeguet, Anelka, Pires, Wiltord and Duggary. No options this time around.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's be honest I was always going to be glad to see the back of whoever went out in that one

Just hope I can stay awake for the next one

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surely the Brazilian defenders can't move towards a free kick until it's been taken? Columbia should've had another go.

Tangles

If the ref keeps letting the physical play go I can see the players escalating the challenges till a send off happens. Columbia not creating chances for all their open play.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think the thing with the free kick was time maybe? There was a really long wait with the Colombian players standing over the ball after the whistle, might have been some sort of call. Can't think of any other explanation for why it wasn't re-taken other than incompetence.

Intense first 30 minutes, game had a crazy pace.

Tangles

The Brazil wall blatantly walked over the line and despite Columbian complaints the ref did nothing. It's like he's been told to make no decisions.