• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

King Pietersen

International Captain
Valbuena and Pogba looking so good, amazed more sides aren't being rumoured as interested in Valbuena. France will be massively disappointed if they end up losing this game, they were the better side for much of that half.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
German goal was the best thing for the game. French looked happy to sit back until it went in, but having to play a little more.

Klose unlucky not to get the pen, IMHO. Exaggerated the fall too much, I think. Def contact tho.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
They look really good when Pogba drives forward. I feel they can create chances but they can't afford to be wasteful.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
France definitely improved as the half went on. Hope they score early on in the second otherwise Germany will start destroying them on the counter.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With so many blokes who struggle to kick the doona off the bed being displeased with the quality if play at this WC: be it the finishing, the style of play, the keeping or whatever; I just wanted to say that I have actually quite enjoyed it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"The next goal could have a huge bearing on who wins the trophy"

Pearce nailing today's "No schisse, Sherlock." award.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hummels has been absolutely exceptional tonight. With blokes like Neuer, Hummels, Lahm and Howedes at the back, they're going to be very hard for any team to get past. Need to start Gotze in place of Ozil though.