Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Quarter-finals

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I stand by my decision to go to sleep after the joyous occasion that was Argies V Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Yeah Belgium and USA was just brilliant. I mean it was amazing in extra time but it was pretty damn good in normal time as well.

If USA 'parked the bus' then they did not do it very well because Belgium had so many chances.
    They had 2 banks of 4 sitting deep with a 9 th man back with them for long stretches. The amount of saves by Howard shows that it didn't nullify the Belgians as they would have hoped.

The quarter final will all depend on how conservative Argentina is. I expect Belgium to be cautious.

I'd rather talk about the Columbia game. Can James do it again? Will Brazil attack?

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    The amount of saves by Howard shows that it didn't nullify the Belgians as they would have hoped.
    Yeah, this is basically what Pothas just said.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    A lot of Belgium's chances (and both their goals) came on the counter, which wouldn't be possible if USA were just parking the bus but doing it badly. It was an open game with both sides going for the win but finishing very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    A lot of Belgium's chances (and both their goals) came on the counter, which wouldn't be possible if USA were just parking the bus but doing it badly. It was an open game with both sides going for the win but finishing very badly.
    I don't think it was that open until Wondalowski came on with 18 to go. That's when the US started pushing the game a bit. To their downfall eventually as Besler was beaten for the first goal quite high up the pitch. Before then Belgium had a lot of possession with the US quite deep.

Ken Early has predicted that Cabaye will spot Neuer wandering into defence today and score the winner from his own half. The thought of that happening has got me really excited about the match.

Yeah heard a few people suggesting this is going to happen. Would be so good.

Pains me to say it, but I really fancy the French today. Really think Jerry's lack of pace is going to be their undoing. Deschamps must move Benzema back to the middle.

Low strikes one as an inflexible soul (I mean, he still has that haircut...), but surely Sammy K into the middle and Lahm to right back is just so screamingly obvious?
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Like queuing at the post office, or a cardboard cup of weak milky tea there is a quality of slightly clichéd but still beautifully reassuring Englishness about watching Cook bat"
    - Barney Ronay

Colombia are insane value today - paying over $4 at the TAB over here.

THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Low strikes one as an inflexible soul (I mean, he still has that haircut...), but surely Sammy K into the middle and Lahm to right back is just so screamingly obvious?
    We've been saying it all tournament, but the pundits who really know their way around German football all seem to agree he should stay in the middle. Khedira and Schwein, as well as being unfit, apparently did a disastrous job of that role in qualifying. Dunno if I'm convinced but it's maybe not as obvious as it seems.

I'm on the France+Colombia double too, but I have a feeling Deschamps will start Giroud, which looks like a mistake to me.

I'm on Germany + Colombia paying $11.05. I'll be a very happy man if it gets up.

Does Neuer play that far away from goal normally? Is he just making up for the lack of pace in front of him? They look beatable if France turns up.

France and Colombia for me today. Make it happen, lads!

Not sure Germany have raised expectations enough to crash out yet. Can see them routing the French today then getting destroyed in the semis.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

I'm not making any bets on the quarters specifically as I suck at football betting but I still have my pre-WC outrights on France/Netherlands to win the cup - both at 25/1ish and Robben for Golden Ball at 41/1 all of which are reasonably alive.

Let's go!
    Last edited by Teja.; 04-07-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information