• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16 matches

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nah I don't like Webb but I think he's been mostly right today. Thought he could have shown cards earlier but it hasn't really got vicious.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah I don't like Webb but I think he's been mostly right today. Thought he could have shown cards earlier but it hasn't really got vicious.
It was more they said the decision was wrong, then they praised him for being brave. Not sure not giving a penalty even in this situation can be brave.

Anyway, that was a decent decision by all concerned.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whatever's the opposite of a home town decision.

TBF to Webb (and it doesn't sit well) it was the lino's shout.

grecian

Whatever's the opposite of a home town decision.

TBF to Webb (and it doesn't sit well) it was the lino's shout.
I thought it was a decent decision, also TBF to Webb, he hasn't ruined this match, so it's one of his better games in charge.

That last one annoys me though, blatant obstruction in the box, why aren't they ever given as indirect F-Ks like they should be. Yet that's not a Webb moan they just don't happen any more.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Replace Fred with Jo. 2 boring names. They need a more exotic sounding name obviously.

Spark

Global Moderator
How can a nation of 200 million with such a rich footballing heritage fail to put up better than Fred and Jo

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Chile still letting Brazil through quite often though. Seems to not keep pace at times,worrying signs ahead of extra time.

Otoh they have three subs left to Brazil's one (?)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sacrilege as it may be, but Chile look so much more of a quote-unquote "South American" team than this Brazil.

I know it's a small, homogenised world now, but this really isn't the Brazil I marvelled at growing up.

grecian

Whatever the result Webb will be the story of this game though. Imagine the ****storm if Brazil go out.
How dare you it's my old school buddy that ruled it out. I remember whinging to him about hand-ball when he sat next to me in EEnglish. He never liked physical challenges when we played football though, so I guess he was always going to ref.