• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Chiles brings you the coverage complaints thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No idea who the commentator I'm listening to is but he's on his own and Andy Townsend is nowhere in sight so it's all good

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He followed the standard (wrong) line on the foreign players in the Premier League thing but I quite like Friedel.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did Lawrenson honestly say in the 93rd minute that Ronaldo wouldn't be too disappointed?

Phil Neville topped him by slating the Portuguese keeper for not diving for Jermaine Jones' goal. Just get the **** off my TV screen please.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Changed to radio commentary again. It made such a big difference. Really drives home how much of a game-ruiner Lawro is.

Uppercut

Phil Neville topped him by slating the Portuguese keeper for not diving for Jermaine Jones' goal. Just get the **** off my TV screen please.
Yeah jesus christ that was dire. It was the way he said it too. Made out like the keeper took a moment to weigh it up before deciding he couldn't really be arsed diving.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's really irritating how the BBC panel all call Phil Neville "Philip". I know that's his name and all, but it's like the time when Andy Cole got all ****ty about people not calling him "Andrew". It's just not going to happen.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah jesus christ that was dire. It was the way he said it too. Made out like the keeper took a moment to weigh it up before deciding he couldn't really be arsed diving.
It was the way he said it literally 5 seconds after Friedel explained why he didn't dive. Friedel should have just hit back with 'how many caps did you win as a keeper?'

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was the way he said it literally 5 seconds after Friedel explained why he didn't dive. Friedel should have just hit back with 'how many caps did you win as a keeper?'
Just googled Phil Neville to see how many caps he actually did win, and he has nearly 60! I knew he had played a fair amount, but not that much.

The only thing I can ever remember him doing for England was hauling down that guy at Euro 2000. God that was bad.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Always ****s me off when commentators express amazement at attacking full backs. 2 points:

1. Have you watched any top flight football at all in the last 10-15 years?

2. This is why the defensive midfield position exists.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Danny Higginbotham saying Croatia "are a good team, but they haven't got any great individuals".

Oh dear.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah the treating attacking fullbacks as a new thing annoys me as well. Far more than just 10-15 years old as well. There are a lot of old MoTD clips from the 60s on Youtube these days and attacking fullbacks were around then.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah the treating attacking fullbacks as a new thing annoys me as well. Far more than just 10-15 years old as well. There are a lot of old MoTD clips from the 60s on Youtube these days and attacking fullbacks were around then.
The late-50s Brazil teams were famous for it.

Uppercut

It only annoys me when idiot-fans insist that a full-backs defensive ability is most important and attacking ability is a bonus because "they're called full-BACKs" or because they're still listed as defenders in fantasy football.