• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Chiles brings you the coverage complaints thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's staggering really. I mean, how hard can it be to find commentators/pundits who are serviceable to good?

Granted there are some good ones, but there aren't many that are just ok, and those that aren't good are usually not only bad, but absolutely ghastly. You honestly get better analysis from random people in pubs than most of the "experts" you get on TV.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BBC going to quickly have to change the lets write off Messi thing they were going with.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Something else that really annoyed me the other day, which I forgot to mention earlier, was Phil Neville repeatedly saying "them" when he should have said "those".

"Them crosses", "Them shots" etc...

Dreadful.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Something else that really annoyed me the other day, which I forgot to mention earlier, was Phil Neville repeatedly saying "them" when he should have said "those".

"Them crosses", "Them shots" etc...

Dreadful.
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the constant references to an "Andreas Pirlo" were the most annoying for me.

Pothas

So I get home from work just in time for this match and they are talking about England still.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Chiles saying Muller was the "real villain" of the Pepe sending off. ****ing hell.

I love that Vieira literally just came out and said "No, you're wrong", but just **** the **** off you stupid Brummie ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's not as good on TV though. His irreverent style doesn't quite work so well when you can actually see him. Or so it seems to me anyway.

Pothas

He's not as good on TV though. His irreverent style doesn't quite work so well when you can actually see him. Or so it seems to me anyway.
I just find is strange, after listening to him for about a decade but he should still be being used more. Don't know if he has been on 5live much.