• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Chiles brings you the coverage complaints thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
As mentioned in the other thread, I am not sure if Cannavaro being a pundit is so bad it's good, or just bad. Don't mean to belittle his English speaking abilities, he can speak English a lot better than I can speak Italian for sure, but he was actually incomprehensible at some points during the show.
Adrian Chiles was anchoring mate.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They should add "when anyone mentions 1966" to that list. I love, and hate in equal measure, the ridiculous lengths people will go to in order to bring it up. E.g. "It rained precisely 2.228 mm today, the last time that happened...was 1966".

But yes, actually quite looking forward to seeing Henry as a pundit, always good value. I hope they have Seedorf on as well. I also hope Robbie Savage has been dropped for the World Cup. And all the other dross.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He is there hut I think he may be largely consigned to 5live, along with Danny Mils, the ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was curious to see what Gavin Peacock was doing these days, so I looked him up on Google. Apparently he "abandoned his career in punditry to pursue a religious calling", and is now a pastor at a church in Calgary. That's great :laugh:

I wonder if his sermons are any better than his analysis of football...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Top right drinking square should never happen seeing as it was the Scots who introduced Brazil to the beautiful game.

Pothas

Clarke Carlisle seems to think this is League 2 and you have to have giant players. Clearly forgot about the whole Spain thing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How to deal with being attacked down the wings: your wide midfielders shouldn't track back.

Er, what?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"The first real shock of the tournament" declares Tyldsley, making him the only person in the world who expected Spain to ship 5 goals last night.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we are blessed here. Not so much for our own games because we have Craig "Ian Healy" Foster, but in general SBS (the ESL broadcaster here, which has been known since it's inception as Soccer, Bloody Soccer) covers sporting events better than just about any network anywhere.

They cover all the games, devote analysis to all of them from former players, have daily round ups at a decent hour and the whole thing is led by Les Murray, a Hungarian refugee who immigrated here in the late 50s/ early 60s. He's a legend*. They don't do the bull**** the other networks do and record events then show them as though they're live. In other words they don't insult viewers' intelligence.

They won a Logie award for best coverage for a WC one year and he stood up, plainly pissed, and abused the other networks for being soulless and lacking passion for the sports they cover.

* he's also a legend because I literally ran ino him on the Central Coast as he walked out of an apartment building with a nubile blonde about 35 years younger than him on his arm. He'd obviously been firing up.

grecian

Well it's good to know Phil Neville in commentating is the same as he was as a player not half as good as his brother.

Thierry looks cool though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Zero coverage of the opening ceremony here in the US. Didn't even do a fake live broadcast in primetime like the Olympics.