• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm-Up Friendlies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Start like this next Saturday and Italy will be 5 up by half time
Don't know about 5-0, but it wasn't great. I thought Henderson looked OK, and I wonder whether it's coincidence that Liverpool lost their way when he was suspended at the end of the season. Sturridge's finishing was woeful, and we can't afford that sort of profligacy against Italy or Uruguay. Rooney looks as out of shape as he nearly always does in majors, and I really wouldn't object to Barkley replacing him. Gerrard was firmly in hollywoodball mode, which didn't help. Johnson was embarrassingly poor of course. Does Stones play RB? Surely he can't be any worse. It's a huge shame that Oxlade C got injured, as he would add so much to what we saw last night.

Mind you, Hodurus really were a bunch of thugs. How their number 7 wasn't sent off for belting the ball at a prone Sturridge was beyond me.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
France look pretty sharp. Especially compared to a lot of the other big teams in their final friendlies.