Portugal 25/1
    Holland 25/1
    Colombia 25/1
    Italy 25/1
    Uruguay 33/1
    Chile 40/1
    Russia 100/1
    Ivory Coast 125/1

You can get better odds almost everywhere else but that gives you the idea. Spain at 13/2 looks the best bet to me. A lot of people seem to think tiki-taka has been solved but I'm not convinced many international teams can deal with it, especially not in that heat and with an actual striker this time.

Argentina are an OK bet too considering it's their home continent, they have a lot of brilliant players and the coach seems to have it together for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Coach
    Belgium 5th favs is absolute madness.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Yep I have already put a bet on Spain. Don't normally bet on football and hardly ever have success if I do but as it is the World Cup so I thought I may as well.

Kind of tempted by France, have seen them at about 30-1 before which I think it worth a punt.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    France were horrible in qualifying, really unimpressive at the Euros too. Actually I can't remember the last time they weren't terrible. 2006?

2006 was just Zidane being amazing though. And they were crap in 2004 as well.

Edit: and in 2002.
    Last edited by sledger; 29-05-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    It's weird. Their team looks really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Yeah it really does. The only time I have seen them since the Euros is the second game against Ukraine in which they were good. Just going on the team and the draw they have got.

I dunno, their team/squad looks quite good on paper, but there's nothing there that really jumps out at me. That might have quite a lot to do with the fact that I've never really rated Benzema or Ribery though, and I don't rate Cabaye quite as highly as some others do either. Lloris, Varane and Pogba are the only names that really catch my attention. And Griezmann.

Yeah I rate Cabaye very highly, Benzema has been much better this season as well.

They are unlikely to win for sure but I rate their players as the best of those outside the fancied 4 teams. If they actually play well is of course another matter.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I dunno, their team/squad looks quite good on paper, but there's nothing there that really jumps out at me. That might have quite a lot to do with the fact that I've never really rated Benzema or Ribery though, and I don't rate Cabaye quite as highly as some others do either. Lloris, Varane and Pogba are the only names that really catch my attention. And Griezmann.
    There don't seem major weak links in their side though, so it kind of works both ways. Maybe I overrate their defence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    There don't seem major weak links in their side though, so it kind of works both ways. Maybe I overrate their defence though.
    Yeah, I'd go along with that. There's no area that appears to be weak in a glaringly obvious way. Like you say, there may be some questions asked about some of the defence, but nothing too alarming.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    They tend to play badly for France. Koscielny especially gaffe-prone considering how good he is for Arsenal.

They just add up to much less than the sum of their parts, which wouldn't even be spectacular.

Hard to find much value from the odds in the OP. Perhaps Uruguary at 33-1 is decent, but generally I'm going to be betting on group matches more so than overall winner.

On Sportsbet, its slightly depressing to see that no goalscorer is second in the line of betting ($5.00) for Australia's leading goalscorer. Cahill is first at $3.60.

In the first round, Belgium at $1.44 against Algeria is pretty generous. I know it's not huge value, but pretty confident they'll win that.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Can get 6/1 (or 7.00 if one's of the criminal persuasion) on England/Italy being goalless. Very tempting given the conditions and the way both sides play.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    France were horrible in qualifying, really unimpressive at the Euros too. Actually I can't remember the last time they weren't terrible. 2006?
    Euro 2000. They were ****e in 2002 and 2004, Zidane carried them singlehandedly in 2006 and they've been **** since.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information