• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Prandelli pick Totti or Del Piero ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The article is from August last year, tbf.

They're both about 80 too, aren't they? I know the Italians have a reverence for the veteran (both Zoff and Maladini were playing for the national side into their fifth decades), but don't see this as a serious proposition.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ADP would be a great pick to travel with the squad in some sort of legend/mentor role but there must be something seriously wrong with Italians goal scorers if he'd currently be good enough to make their squad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes imo. This summer it will ten years since he spat at Christian Poulsen. The time is ripe for redemption.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Totti is still amazing but I don't think he's a good fit for the way Italy play at the moment.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Totti and Pirlo in the same side would be asking a lot of your midfield :laugh: De Rossi and Marchisio do have incredible engines tbf but then all of a sudden you have no width.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I had a Del Piero Juventus shirt when I was trying to play at one time which must have been about 15-16 years ago. When I first saw this thread I thought it might be about his son.

Ftr they should definitely play them, as well as anyone else who was on Premier League Manager 1999 that's still knocking about

Last edited: