• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

16 June 2014
Germany v Portugal
Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador

16 June 2014
Ghana v United States
Arena das Dunas, Natal

21 June 2014
Germany v Ghana
Estádio Castelão, Fortaleza

22 June 2014
United States v Portugal
Arena Amazônia, Manaus

26 June 2014
United States v Germany
Arena Pernambuco, Recife

26 June 2014
Portugal v Ghana
Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasília

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
My yanks are probably screwed. I don't understand why they decided to stay based out of Sao Paulo before the draw the came out. And now that they're playing all three matches in the tropics, it would be wise for them to be based somewhere closer to their group games. But I don't know much about what determines itineraries. The US and Ghana should be the best suited to tropical conditions though

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Landon Donovan being omitted is a surprise. Surely his form hasn't dropped off that much, must be a personal issue with Klinnsman.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shame. I always liked Donovan. Him not being there makes me feel old, since I recall quite well when he was the young gun.

Uppercut

In a sense he's just taking the hit for leaving him out of the starting XI before the tournament begins. He did something similar with Kevin Kuranyi back in 2006.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, what happened to Kuranyi? I remember him being branded "The German Rooney". Not head of him for years.

Uppercut

IIRC he fell out with Lowe. Plays in Russia now, don't know whether he's any good.

BeeGee

International Captain
I know nothing about the US soccer team, but I have no other horse in this race so... USA! USA!!

Looks like a tough group, though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Living in the US and I don't know much about the team either. Goals will be a problem if Altidore is the main striker. Watched one of the friendlies and the pundits wanted a more defensive team. Not sure parking the bus does anything other than limit damage. Klinsmann has the right approach imo. Obviously they just need to be careful with the Germany game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Maurice Edu not being in the squad is a complete farce, so I won't be lending my support to them this time.

Go Germany!

Teja.

Global Moderator
Odds for this changed drastically overnight. Portugal went from 3.6 to 4.2 in less than 8 hours.

I obviously don't follow football closely but I thought Portugal are a stronger team than the odds show which have Germany 1.8 to win.

BeeGee

International Captain
Odds for this changed drastically overnight. Portugal went from 3.6 to 4.2 in less than 8 hours.

I obviously don't follow football closely but I thought Portugal are a stronger team than the odds show which have Germany 1.8 to win.
Must be a lot of money going on Germany, to change the odds. Portugal looking tempting now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tired, drunk and should have been in bed hours ago

This game could be a cracker so I'm up