• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollox was just going to post my gloat about them being doubly pissed off because they don't like "ties".:(

Still time though Ghana, do it for the cool strips.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Ever been to El Jannah? Fmd it's amazing chicken

Pepe though. Wtf was he thinking?
i haven't been but is that the place out west somewhere, where theres like 3 chicken shops all within like 50m of each other all owned by the same family who hate each other?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The guy's celebration for the second US goal was amazing. Reminded me of Belletti in the CL final.

Second best type of celebration after the Tardelli/Grosso type.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Knew the US sitting on that lead for so long was a bad idea but that winner was great. Top reaction from the player. 21 in his 5th game. What a moment.

The Pepe incident was massively stupid from him. Deserved a red. IMO Muller should have got a yellow for the acting also.

grecian

Do we really hate Germany any more, English chaps?

I mean they play good open football, don't win much and haven't really any ****s playing for them.

I think there are a lot more teams infiltrated with cynicism that I dislike much more nowadays.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would take Germany over most other potential winners, tbf.

Basically our cousins, really. Yeah, we've had to give 'em a slap a coupla times when they got lippy, but at least they had a go and they're representing the family here.

grecian

Yeah all true but we don't want them actually winning the thing. Do we?
Depends on the alternative. I generally don't mind Brazil,so ok. France winning would take them above us in WCs won, and they're French. Hate Argentina. Italy are Italy. Nothing against the Belgians (who has), but it's really not going to happen is it? The Dutch would be Okay I suppose, few ****s, but at least they're playing football this year.

Chile would be fun, TBH wouldn't mind a new winner, but just don't see it.

I guess my point is I won't be gutted about it if they win, and I doubt I'll celebrate like I used to do when they went out in a slightly sad Scotch-to-England way.