• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Iran, Nigeria

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Many have said it but it is really strange that Willy Caballero is not even in the squad.
I think we've had this conversation before, but you can often tell how good a goalkeeper is just by looking at them, I think. I think you can do this with all players to some extent, but goalkeepers stand out. And there is something about the Argentina and Ecuador keepers today that just did not look right.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think we've had this conversation before, but you can often tell how good a goalkeeper is just by looking at them, I think. I think you can do this with all players to some extent, but goalkeepers stand out. And there is something about the Argentina and Ecuador keepers today that just did not look right.
Would be pretty great to hear a manager justify not selecting a player for the world cup based on how they look.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wouldn't be the strangest thing to have happened. Raymond Domenech picked players based on their star signs iirc. Not that he's an example of how to do anything well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
One of the only significant saves of the tournament I can remember so far. Not really a goalkeeper's cup, to date.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally a crap match, the tension of waiting for the first one has been getting to me.

I can watch the Kiwis reverting to type in the cricket too, so it's all good.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Seeing Shola Amoeba playing for Nigeria is just so weird. I can remember watching him getting sent off for England u21s like it was just yesterday.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This has been a grim watch, but at least it'll mean USA v Ghana will be loads of fun in comparison.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fine effort from those two, upholding a fine tradition of terrible World Cup games that all other sides have failed to adhere to so far.