• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Uruguay very, very ordinary indeed but fair play Costa Rica - class performance.

This World Cup. So, so good.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Revising my prediction for this group. I previously had Uruguay + Italy going through.

Looks like Costa Rica + Italy going through.

ripper868

International Coach
Caceres lucky not to cop a red earlier. The one near full time was deserved. Is a red an automatic suspension still?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm an Everton fan though, so I'm hugely biased, and have been keen on Barkley getting a go for months. He just has that special something about him that could win us games. Am content with him being an impact sub for now though.
If you're an Everton fan I would have thought you'd love Rooney.....

:ph34r:

Oh, and suck **** Uruguay. Horribly unlikable nation.

Burgey

Revising my prediction for this group. I previously had Uruguay + Italy going through.

Looks like Costa Rica + Italy going through.
Gambhiring here mate.

England to do well on the one occasion since 1970 they haven't ridiculously talked up their chances.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gambhiring here mate.

England to do well on the one occasion since 1970 they haven't ridiculously talked up their chances.
Did they talk up their chances for the tournaments where they hadn't qualified? I wouldn't put it past them

Burgey

There has traditionally been a massive amount of talking up, not always by the team tbf. But certainly his time they've been understated. Just got a feeling they'll have a proper crack and do well for some reason. If we go out early, as seems likely, I'll probably follow them (and Brasil).

Just saw the Uruguay-Costa Rica game. That header for the second goal o_O

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
7.30 in the morning here, nervous as all **** and wondering if the missus will crack it if I get on the beers.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Uruguay sat back after getting the goal and paid for it. Some good play from Costa Rica. Hope the goal per game ratio keeps up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C'mon England, now is the time, with the required amount of bevvies in you, to say **** realism and that we haven't a right-back, or a striker or a back-up to two just-above average C-Hs, or that we can't play in heat or keep possesion, and say:

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sans Terry, Cole et al this is probably the least easily loathable England team I've seen. But it's important to stick to principle

Burgey

Burgeinho just said Alwx Ferguson should come out of retirement and coach England.

I said he's not English, to which he said "He's Scottish" as though they're the same thing.

Furball to comment.