• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I couldn't hold out any longer, a Premium Steeplewood Cider to start the horrid damage to my liver.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Got back from London at 6, we were planning on finding somewhere to have a few beers and watch the Uruguay game but the whole of Manchester city centre seemed to be hosting a nobhead convention so watching at my flat. Had always planned to watch the England game at home anyway.

grecian

Why are they wittering about hand-bvall. Good decision. Practically hugging him like a long-lost lover.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah Sterling has to start IMO, is a gun. Would have said this had Ox and Welbeck not been injured as well. Fully agree regarding Barkley though, another of those promising young English players that there seem to be a lot of at the moment who I agree are promising but seem to be becoming overrated in terms of their current ability just based on that promise. As much as I have doubts over how well Rooney will play, there is still no way I'd start Barkley ahead of him.
Nah Barkley's phenomenal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Jagielka
Baines

Gerrard
Henderson

Sterling
Rooney
Wellbeck

Sturridge

That's the team. Sterling in the middle, Rooney out wide

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So 2 DM screening the back 4 and a lone striker? Looks defensive. Can't see Italy pushing the game. Hope it's better than some of the dour England vs Italy games of the past.

grecian

Woah quite soime turnaround here, pretty deserved as well Uruguay have been pretty poor.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So 2 DM screening the back 4 and a lone striker? Looks defensive. Can't see Italy pushing the game. Hope it's better than some of the dour England vs Italy games of the past.
It's just a bog standard 4-2-3-1. And Rooney and Wellbeck could play as strikers as well, so it's not that defensive.

Johnners

Heh, Uruguay in proper trouble, don't look at all likely to grab a second, let alone winning it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Arsenal lad probably not good enough to be in their squad next season but surely they would be better off loaning him to another Prem side rather than abroad to see if he can adapt to play in England.

Not saying anything derogatory about Uruguay until England have played as we are just as likely to play crap.