• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
What was with those crosses near the line Hart was flapping at?

Had forgotten about the Greene gaffe at 2010 till it was shown in the 1st game. A good keeper, or not having a dodgy one, is so important. 1 big save in 2 games and who knows.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fair dos, I didn't actually see the incident in question, but what I've described does happen fairly frequently. Small knocks and so on are things that can be "ran off" for the remainder of games much of the time.
That's not good though....'small knocks' (which this wasn't) can often be very severe, and 'ran off' thing makes no sense medically. You can't run off a concussion.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5F55...p4?versionId=ceOy3aHarwaLXjR9_7_ySidXOaF39YuW

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BqhP2i2CAAEQpOg.mp4

And this doesn't seem like small knock either. If this does indeed happen fairly frequently, it's an issue that needs to be seriously addressed.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's not good though....'small knocks' (which this wasn't) can often be very severe, and 'ran off' thing makes no sense medically. You can't run off a concussion.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5F55...p4?versionId=ceOy3aHarwaLXjR9_7_ySidXOaF39YuW

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BqhP2i2CAAEQpOg.mp4

And this doesn't seem like small knock either. If this does indeed happen fairly frequently, it's an issue that needs to be seriously addressed.
Yeah, as I said, I didn't see the incident in question, and have never suggested that you could run off a concussion, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, the doctor looked past Pereira and signaled to the bench to make a substitution, then Pereira went ape**** saying he wanted to keep playing and pretty much just ran back into position to go back on the pitch. Didn't seem like it was a "let's see if he can run it off" situation so much as "**** you, I'm playing".
He was great, wasn't he. Loved the way his next contribution was to relocate Johnson in Row Z with as physical a challenge as you could wish to see.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, that was mad.

Think he shouldn't have been allowed back on, a bit like Hugo Lloris in the Spurs match when Lukaku took him out in a similar way. Hope the bloke has no delayed problems today.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
You said Suarez had a better season than both of them in a season where Ronaldo smashed the goal scoring record in the biggest club competition in the world.
Indeed.

Suarez this season: 31 goals from 37 games
Messi this season: 41 goals from 46 games
Ronaldo this season: 51 goals from 47 games, including a new CL record.

Suarez is a wonderful player who just had an exceptional season, but let's not jump the gun here.

If he lights up the World Cup in a way the other two don't, however...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You said Suarez had a better season than both of them in a season where Ronaldo smashed the goal scoring record in the biggest club competition in the world.
Which he wasn't playing in, and he plays for a weaker side (arguably)

Anyway. Happy to concede on the better season but the CL record in itself is of no real consequence given Suarez's absence

Also, cheers World Cup, can get back to sons of anarchy now

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Which he wasn't playing in, and he plays for a weaker side (arguably)

Anyway. Happy to concede on the better season but the CL record in itself is of no real consequence given Suarez's absence

Also, cheers World Cup, can get back to sons of anarchy now
#notbitter