• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I normally see things similarly to Marc but cannot abide Milner starting ahead of Sterling. And I'm a Milner fan.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love Barkley and Sterling but would leave them on the bench and bring them on with half an hour left. Go with the older heads early in this one and then unleash the pace later. Would be tempted to play Sterling from start in rest of group games though.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Something about killing the Scots isn't it?

It is an awful anthem anyway, don't blame anyone for not singing it.

grecian

Three Lions the obvious one tbf
Yeah, but it's kind of keeping on getting proved wrong, I mean they could start doing a wistful melancholic chant about when that was first released now. It depresses me a bit, TBH.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The anthem should be I vow to thee my country.
Probably the best of a bad bunch.

Certainly better than the current one.

And I really couldn't cope with Jerusalem. 'No' and 'Get it yourself you lazy sod' spring immediately to mind.

grecian

Great, the pitch tomorrow is going to be "playable".

Brilliant, it's not like these things happen every 4 years or owt, surely we should just be happy that it's not a ploughed field.

Yay.

grecian

Pfft, never mind the pitch, the team, the tactics. Important question. When do I start drinking?

I started about half-four yesterday, and missed the end of the last match. I think I can safely say I won't make the last match today, but I have to be properly drunk to watch england, you can't do it sober. Logically it means about half-5 I suppose. Yet logic goes out the window when the World Cup is on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pfft, never mind the pitch, the team, the tactics. Important question. When do I start drinking?

I started about half-four yesterday, and missed the end of the last match. I think I can safely say I won't make the last match today, but I have to be properly drunk to watch england, you can't do it sober. Logically it means about half-5 I suppose. Yet logic goes out the window when the World Cup is on.
I've got a **** of a hangover which is gonna hold me back until about 7 I reckon

You watching at home or hitting the cider farm/boozer

grecian

I've got a **** of a hangover which is gonna hold me back until about 7 I reckon

You watching at home or hitting the cider farm/boozer
Home, will probably be out for the next two matches. I'm not a fan of going out for England matches, can't get beer, can't go to the toilet, can't make out what is going on, but others drag me along, they think it's traditional, *****.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SSN reporting Buffon is broken for the game.

I'll be heading to the local about half seven to snag a seat and watch URgay smash Costa Coffee before the main event.

Somewhat ill-advisedly I've already had a couple whilst watching the cricket. Copped a quick doze on the couch and was awoken by the appeal for Mahela's wicket.