• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

King Pietersen

International Captain
Eugh, pretty dire start. Welbeck had such a good chance to make something happen then, and all he achieved was making Bambi look like a co-ordinated runner. Rooney's been awful so far as well, best thing he's done is miss a free-kick.

Godin massively got away with that one, that was a clear booking.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
This game is crying out for someone like Lallana. Someone to be able to drop in pockets, turn either way with close control so that Uruguay think twice about pressing so hard. Too much gap between midfield and forward line.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible goal in every way, FFS Suarez is a genius, but you don't let him score from a****ing header, when you've got him marked.

I stood up for Wellbeck, but I was wrong, take the ****er off.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It was a bit jammy, the ricochet letting the player keep the ball, but the ball and finish were quality.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Such a **** first half performance. Gonna need more than Joe Hart shouting like a **** to turn this **** around. Get Welbeck off for Lallana, and Barkley on for Rooney.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I hate to say it, but I think that's the end of Rooney. Maybe it's the injury or maybe he's just not as good anymore, but he's not offering enough in the way of threat. I'd give him another 10 to see what he can do and then bring on Lallana or Barkley (or even both).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have been piss poor, nothing like the other night at all.
Agreed, no idea why we've reverted to type, this has been old-school rubbih England, we deserve to be behind. Really needs shaking up in the second-half.