• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Looked as though Costa stretched his trailing leg out just far enough to catch the defender. Good run though and a great pass to find him.

And Xabi Alonso is ****ing cool.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Costa stepped on the Dutch defender's foot. Should've been a free kick the other way really. This sucks.
Nonsense, think people are looking for controversy now, reckless challenge, even a smidgeon of contact means a penalty. Honestly is Costa meant to not take avoiding action from a scythe

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Young Daley might have his old man's haircut, but looks a more skillful footballer.

Quicker too; don't think I ever saw Danny break into more than a gentle jog.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez, Costa's work rate up forward is brilliant. Compare and contrast with Fred's utter anonymity for Brazil last night.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe I need to look at another replay. First replay looked as though Costa extended his foot and touched the Dutch defender's trailing leg intentionally before going down. Tackle was reckless but I didn't see contact.

Dutch didn't complain too much though so maybe I'm wrong.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe I need to look at another replay. First replay looked as though Costa extended his foot and touched the Dutch defender's trailing leg intentionally before going down. Tackle was reckless but I didn't see contact.

Dutch didn't complain too much though so maybe I'm wrong.
Second replay from a different angle definitely had contact.