• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Spark

Global Moderator
about as good as could reasonably have been expected but still cruel. 3-1 not a fair reflection of the match at all.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A lot of fun that was.

Chile were poor second half but I just love that they have people like Alexis Sanchez upfront and then Jara at the back.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Thought we were good for a draw before that. If chile defend like this vs Spain and Holland... Rofl

Spark

Global Moderator
A lot of fun that was.

Chile were poor second half but I just love that they have people like Alexis Sanchez upfront and then Jara at the back.
chile were poor from about 20 minutes in imo. second half was just a continuation of what had happened at the end of the first.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, fair effort that. Reckon we deserved a little better. Held in there really well after that diabolical early showing.

Chile won't be striking too much fear into any other teams on that showing. I reckon they'll play better against Spain though.

Last edited:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
just happy it was actually a contest to watch, wasn't looking good after 15 mins.

even if we go on to lose every game as long as its a contest and we aren't getting flogged ill be happy

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway just a shame how it turned out. Chile's second goal gets rightly called out for being **** defending but I thought the first was equally bad. Lack of urgency in the box is unforgivable.

Other than that 2 minute period we were much better than I expected. Hopefully we show that level of play against the rampant Dutch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Every time I put money on a sports result, I lose. So if I back Spain and the Netherlands here, we may sneak away with a couple of draws :p