• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, did anyone else get the feeling the ITV commentary/pundits were trying to ram the whole "Brazil are wonderful" thing down the throat of the throat of the viewer? They are just so obviously determined for Brazil to be good, when it's fairly clear this is not a classic Brazil team by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, did anyone else get the feeling the ITV commentary/pundits were trying to ram the whole "Brazil are wonderful" thing down the throat of the throat of the viewer? They are just so obviously determined to Brazil to be good, when it's fairly clear this is not a classic Brazil team by any stretch of the imagination.
Do this every World Cup to be fair, so no surprise that they are trying even harder this time round.

grecian

Also, did anyone else get the feeling the ITV commentary/pundits were trying to ram the whole "Brazil are wonderful" thing down the throat of the throat of the viewer? They are just so obviously determined to Brazil to be good, when it's fairly clear this is not a classic Brazil team by any stretch of the imagination.
It's what Tyldesley does, he's worse with Barca, and was with Spain.

He seems to feel he has to cream over teams.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Do this every World Cup to be fair, so no surprise that they are trying even harder this time round.
Yeah, I suppose so. I just lost track of how many times they reminded us how Neymar was "only 22". So tedious.

I loved how in the studio Cannavaro appeared to be unable to speak anything more than very basic English. Was great whenever they asked him a question.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also, did anyone else get the feeling the ITV commentary/pundits were trying to ram the whole "Brazil are wonderful" thing down the throat of the throat of the viewer? They are just so obviously determined for Brazil to be good, when it's fairly clear this is not a classic Brazil team by any stretch of the imagination.
So glad this is a popular opinion

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ref man of the match then.

Worst thing about World Cups, having to put up with **** referees from diddy countries.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It happens every single time. The last time Brazil actually played like the Brazil that commentators describe was 1982.

Pothas

It happens every single time. The last time Brazil actually played like the Brazil that commentators describe was 1982.
Watched all their goals from that tournament earlier today, nearly all of them are outrageous. Sad that I will never be able to see a side play like that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I have.

I was at the Argentina game in 82.
You were there?? Now that is something to dine out on!!!

'82 was the first World Cup I watched and I have so many fond memories of it which are still so vivid.........

- This time (We'll get it right), First single I ever purchased and still got it on the cupboard somewhere.

- Neso Dorma

- Bryan Robsons 37 sec (?) goal

- Zico - WAFG......still my fav player ever.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Brazil v Argentina game? Consider me appropriately envious.
Yeah, family holiday. My dad never told my mum he got tickets to a few world cup games, only one I went to was the Brazil v Argentina game.

My dad is a jammy git, was at final in 66 and 70 too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You were there?? Now that is something to dine out on!!!

'82 was the first World Cup I watched and I have so many fond memories of it which are still so vivid.........

- This time (We'll get it right), First single I ever purchased and still got it on the cupboard somewhere.

- Neso Dorma

- Bryan Robsons 37 sec (?) goal

- Zico - WAFG......still my fav player ever.
Socrates for me.

Jeez FJ, what a game to go and see, that Brazil-Argentina match.