• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd settle for a similar siege job from us, without the stress of penalties at the end of it as an added bonus

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure URGay are all that, really. Only made it via the play-offs, after all. Suarez gets a good, solid boot early doors and they're struggling. Cavani's no mug, but they are all about one man.

I mean, Lugano (their captain) can't get a gig for West Brom, currently.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure URGay are all that, really. Only made it via the play-offs, after all. Suarez gets a good, solid boot early doors and they're struggling. Cavani's no mug, but they are all about one man.

I think if it was in Europe I wouldn't be that bothered, but the conditions will suit them, and we have no decent defenders at all, so Suarez becomes exponentially more dangerous.

Last edited:

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haha, can barely imagine a tougher group. At least the pressure is completely off.

So excited for England vs Uruguay too.
Well as you said Jesus saves. Front page of the Sun today really made me laugh, it shows a picture of the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer with the headline: Lord Help Us!

Tom Halsey

International Coach

Only making it via the playoffs isn't quite a fair comparison though. The South American qualification is by far the hardest of all of them, even without Brazil.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England team looks good attacking wise but defensively um

No surprise really for a side with Liverpool's spine

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I agree with all of that, although tbf winning the shoot-out was more superior finishing than luck too. Despite not scoring, the match was a very, very convincing case that Italy>England, at least when Pirlo plays. And sure, it's only one match, but there's not much else to suggest otherwise in the past couple of years.
TBH, a lot of that blame should go to on Rooney who basically let Pirlo do what he wants. He's key. If England can keep him relatively quiet they have a really good shot IMO as Hodgson looks to be a bit more positive than last time - which was basically just defending deep.