• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Forster in ahead of Ruddy. Interesting.

Very dodgy on crosses from what I've seen, especially for such a big lad.

Baines starts at LB. Think he has every right to be considered the man in possession now.
Decent shot stopper, pish at everything else.

Of course he could have improved massively in the last 2 years.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronaldo 1 Sweden 0

Greece 3-1 up against Romania.

France lost 2-0 and Koscielny gave away a late penalty before getting sent off for twatting a bloke.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ukraine vs France was an excellent game, Ukraine's first goal was amazing, and Koscielny was hilarious.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Be terrible if France miss out.

No wait, I mean "hilarious" there, don't I?

Love it if Iceland can nick one in Croatia. Away goal rule applies, doesn't it? Score draw would do them.

ripper868

International Coach
I'd like France to peg it back, only to miss out at the death with Ukraine scoring a handball goal. #justiceforIreland

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Three a bit years after telling us no Germany player would make a full strength English side, ITV tell us no Englishmen would make Germany's line up at full strength. How times change eh?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I love how Ronaldo v Zlatan turned out to be quite simply; Ronaldo v Zlatan.

That was an incredible ten minutes though. Four goals in two of the biggest international matches imaginable. And who says he's not a big game player?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
France seem to have saved themselves (still 15 minutes to **** it up mind) so no big side going to be missing.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love how Ronaldo v Zlatan turned out to be quite simply; Ronaldo v Zlatan.

That was an incredible ten minutes though. Four goals in two of the biggest international matches imaginable. And who says he's not a big game player?
Switched over when I heard Sweden had scored a second hoping for a great finish and Ronaldo just immediately ended it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, comedic marking there. Not once, not twice, but thrice.

Great head from big Merts tho, it must be said.
Yeah, the defending would have embarrassed my son's U12 side. 3 free headers in 60 seconds ffs.

Not our finest few days: outclassed by Chile and comfortably seen off my Germany 'B'. Looks like out stay in Brazil will be rather brief.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They'll obviously thrash us now, but it does look a pretty limited Jerry line up, it has to be said.
I'm not sure any side which can call upon Reus, Götze and Kroos as starters can really be described as "limited."

Also, is there a more over-rated player currently in world football than Andros Townsend? He's absolute toilet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, the defending would have embarrassed my son's U12 side. 3 free headers in 60 seconds ffs.

Not our finest few days: outclassed by Chile and comfortably seen off my Germany 'B'. Looks like out stay in Brazil will be rather brief.
We have a pretty decent record of getting out of the group once we're there (never failed in my lifetime, nor yours, I'd guess) but yeah, as soon as anyone half decent crosses (ha) our path we're buggered.

I'm not sure any side which can call upon Reus, Götze and Kroos as starters can really be described as "limited."
Didn't offer much, tbf.

Was a typically Teutonically efficient job. Soaked up what we offered (which was Fanny Adams, really) and took their chance well.

They're an oddly likable bunch, Jerry.