• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm actually beginning to look forward to this. You can almost feel like a monumental foul-up is coming.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wilshere out and Townsend playing on the right apparently.

Cole's injury may not be the worst thing ever, as Baines offers far more going forward, which you'd expect to be important tonight, especially with the ongoing absence of any left-sided midfielder.

And the weather's foul in these parts, which reminds me of our goalie messing up in similar conditions against Croatia a few years back, especially with Hart's regular pratfalls.
Baines's lack of pace worries me slightly, I have to say.

Dunno enough about Montenegro to know if their wide right player has the gas himself to exploit it, however.

Wilshere's not been in prime nick for the Arse, it must be said. Been played out of position mostly tho, tbf to him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this the designated moaning thread for the night, I'll try to get in my mentions of whining about Lampard and Gerrard, and utterly specious mention of Italia90 early, but just think in every second of the match, I'm complaining mentally that things aren't as good as they were then, and I was drinking better beer then. Why can't you buy Colt45 anymore, except for the ****ing lite stuff.

Somone called flibbertyjibber just got mentioned on Kermodes podcast.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The FA ‏@FA 19m
#England team: 1 Hart 2 Walker 3 Baines 4 Gerrard 5 Cahill 6 Jagielka 7 Townsend 8 Lampard 9 Sturridge 10 Rooney 11 Welbeck #EngMon

England still starting with Gerrard Lampard Midfield 2.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta love Keane. Hasn't joined in the circle jerking over Hart. "He's making too many mistakes and should've been dropped six months ago"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Townsend caught in possession twice already. Hmm.

EDIT: make that thrice. Boy's trying too hard.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like England will defo have to win both matches now. Could be itstl.
Clive already sounding funereal, makes me seem a happy-clapper.

I won't mention we're doing nothing in mid-field, because the two in there can't play together, because I'm even boring myself.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Clive already sounding funereal, makes me seem a happy-clapper.

I won't mention we're doing nothing in mid-field, because the two in there can't play together, because I'm even boring myself.
All the England managers Sven onwards would have played both Shilton and Clemence IMO

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Montenegro have looked quite decent at the back to be fair, but you get the feeling that a decent team would be able to open them up easily enough. England very short on ideas.