• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wish they'd played this match at Durham. Not because it's a better venue, it's just no one cares what goes on there.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure I heard somewhere (might have been here) that Blatter always thought it was a terrible decision personally.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think I mentioned it a few pages back. Definetly heard Philippe Auclair say that Blatter was against it from the start and that it was others (bin Hammam I assume), that really pushed for it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In all seriousness, it was one of the most blatantly bent decisions (allegedly, etc) in sporting administration either.

Shows the utter folly of having the vote for two tournaments simultaneously. Of ****ing course there'll be horse-trading, back-scratching and nob-twisting. & what greases the wheels better than oil (or oil money, to be exact)?

I could take our bid losing to Russia, who are a proper, serious footballing country; but Qatar? Nah, **** off. IIRC Australia was on of the 2022 options? How is a sandbucket with no stadia and roughly the same temperature as the surface of the sun a better bet? I mean, seriously?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So anyway, Milner in for Welbeck. Ugh. Just ugh.

I know he's going to offer more in the way of cover for Cashley than Young would, but he's just such a plain, white bread, meat & potatoes nuffy at this level.

Suggests bus-parkage to me, tbh.

Pothas

Yeah, although I don't even think Young should be in the squad so not like the alternative is any better. He was never going to play Townsend.

grecian

In all seriousness, it was one of the most blatantly bent decisions (allegedly, etc) in sporting administration either.

Shows the utter folly of having the vote for two tournaments simultaneously. Of ****ing course there'll be horse-trading, back-scratching and nob-twisting. & what greases the wheels better than oil (or oil money, to be exact)?

I could take our bid losing to Russia, who are a proper, serious footballing country; but Qatar? Nah, **** off. IIRC Australia was on of the 2022 options? How is a sandbucket with no stadia and roughly the same temperature as the surface of the sun a better bet? I mean, seriously?
Quite happy the Aussies haven't got it, they have their own "football", and quite frankly they're welcome to it. Anyway I fully intend to have drank myself to death by then, so can't say I'm bothered really.

Have such a peculiar sense of no interest in this match, it's so surreal for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have such a peculiar sense of no interest in this match, it's so surreal for me.
Yeah, I was kinda the same, but it's actually pretty vital to our hopes of qualifying, looking at the table.

If we lose we're more or less fighting for second with the Poles and the Montenegrins. The Ukrainians have San Marino and Poland at home after tonight, so you'd fancy them to take six points there.

grecian

Yeah, I was kinda the same, but it's actually pretty vital to our hopes of qualifying, looking at the table.

If we lose we're more or less fighting for second with the Poles and the Montenegrins. The Ukrainians have San Marino and Poland at home after tonight, so you'd fancy them to take six points there.
I know which is why it's peculiar I don't care, should be one of the footballing highlights of the year.

Scaly piscine

Oh god it's rather funny listening to the footballers half-hearted doing God Save the Queen. It's like they lined up a load of kids in detention and made them sing it whilst their voice breaks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Feo was a little too honest there, deffo got a little tug.

Got the beating of his man tho, which is nice.

grecian

I almost went to the Exeter Cty, Machester City u-18 match tonight 0-0 ATM

Yet this match has started okay.