• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Poland having rather the better of the opening exchanges in the second half; from what the pundits said at HT the same was true of the first too. The way Jagielka missed a routine clearance suggesting he's of the opinion he should be helping out his grandfather's countrymen.

Still, spawny goal off Rooney's shoulder or not, I'd take 1-0.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poland having rather the better of the opening exchanges in the second half; from what the pundits said at HT the same was true of the first too. The way Jagielka missed a routine clearance suggesting he's of the opinion he should be helping out his grandfather's countrymen.

Still, spawny goal off Rooney's shoulder or not, I'd take 1-0.
I'm watching the cricket, the first-half was enough for me, it's like watching repeats of a **** show, just can't keep the ball, just depressing.

Oh **** now it's raining, think I'll watch Pointless.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FFS Hart. That was village. Any keeper comes that far for a cross has to be sure of getting a touch at least.

Poland merit an equaliser tho, in all honesty.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair result. Poland were the better team but their attack looked horribly ineffective, if it weren't for Hart's brainfart it's hard to see where a goal was coming from. England insisted on using Defoe as a target man in the second half, Lescott's distribution especially was a total joke.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a good job I missed nearly all of it. Obv no surprise to hear that England were incapable of passing the ball. Or capable of holding onto a lead.

Most depressing thing for me may eventually be Rooney overtaking Greaves, Lineker & Charlton to become our highest goal scorer. Given the number of matches he'll play in soft qualifiers, still being in his mid-20s and given the lack of talent coming through to challenge for his place in the side, it's almost a certainty. There really is no justice.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Only just scraped through, as well. Still, could be worse. Could be losing at home to Azerbaijan, joining this list of away wins...

3-2 in Kazakhstan, 28/4/2004
3-2 in Tajikistan, 22/8/2007
2-1 in Andorra, 4/6/2008
2-1 in Bahrain, 15/10/2008
2-0 in Liechtenstein, 10/10/2009
2-0 in Jordan, 25/2/2010
2-1 in Luxembourg, 3/3/2010
1-0 in Albania, 11/11/2011

Dammit, that list took ages.

grecian

To be fair the scoreline of the swede-English match flattered Sweden somewhat, due to the brilliance of Ibra, and Hart just proving that he's not all that.

Funny though, I quite liked our performance up to then. Yeah all the new players were individually mediocre or awful, but at least there was an energy level about our play that has been lacking for years. Stevie actually played okay with legs around him.

We're still second-rate, but it wasn't terrible to watch.

Scaly piscine

England have been good, probably overpassed it in some respects since there's no real point in passing it around at the back against this lot and they'll cough up possession straight away anyway.

Still need a few more though. Goal difference is important.