Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to Olympics that you's like to see

Changes to Olympics that you's like to see

Didnt watch everything but these are changes I"d like to see

Events to be cut

Synchronised diving - why reward people for doing dives of a lesser quality simply because they are in time with your partner

Walking - EVERYONE runs so what is the point

4 * 200 m freestyle - why 200m when 400, 800 and 1500 have just as much right

Rhythmic gymnastics - if you want to watch this, Cirque du Soleil is thatta way

Dressage - tickets still available at El Caballo Blanco

Events to add

Multihulls - fastest, most exciting and most sophisticated sailing machines. How they can justify the inclusion of the Finn class at the expense of these things is a mystery to me

MMA - aside from major boxing events involving Mayweather or Pacman, MMA is the most popular form of combat sport in the world today. By way of comparison, judo looks totally antiquated and is decidedly spectator unfriendly

Other changes

Either legalise drugs or make the penalties harsher - so sick of seeing participants who have a doping history being able to compete in their prime years because the penalties for drug offences are just a slap on the wrist

Get rid of restarts in track cycling - break down or fall off then bad luck. It's open to abuse and different rules apply in virtually every other sport including road cycling anyway

Make it harder for athletes to change allegiances - Gulf countries (particularly Qatar and Bahrain) have turned buying athletes into an art form and now its spreading elsewhere. They really need to look at qualifying periods IMO

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Make it harder for athletes to change allegiances - Gulf countries (particularly Qatar and Bahrain) have turned buying athletes into an art form and now its spreading elsewhere. They really need to look at qualifying periods IMO
    Azerbaijan seems to be the worst for this. A mix of athletes from all over Eastern Europe have been lured by the money in Azerbaijan. Kind of understandable given the lack of funding for certain sports in Eastern Europe, but still, it does seem a little odd that a couple of athletes apparently defected only this year.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Events to change/remove:

Football - it's sad seeing it reduced to an under-23's comp - the Olympics is supposed to be about the worlds best at their particular sport, not the worlds best juniors. Would rather it removed given how packed the world football calender already is.

Boxing - none of this amateur rubbish, let the pro's have it at imo

Rhythmic Gymnastics - meh, rid of

Cycling - Get rid of the Omnium, bring back the individual pursuit.

Events to add:

Squash - Awesome sport to watch, and would certainly attract the worlds best players

Go-karts - Not an entirely serious suggestion, but I love motorsport, and Kart racing is awesome to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    get rid of weightlifting
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I would make men's football strictly amateur. It wouldn't be the pinnacle of the world game but it would be a huge tournament to the millions of amateur players across the globe.

get rid of swimming. good for you, you know how to not drown. now **** off

bring in water skiing

get rid of running. if you want to see people run, go watch Cirque du Soleil sorry, many kinds of football

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I would make men's football strictly amateur. It wouldn't be the pinnacle of the world game but it would be a huge tournament to the millions of amateur players across the globe.
    Yeah; football definitely can't exist at it is. Either make it an amateur event or piss it off completely.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

basically we should rank every spot based on how manly it is, and then cut all the unmanly ones. CAUSE WE ARE MEN

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    As far as social's point about drugs goes, blame the CAS for that. I've no problem with people who are caught being allowed to compete once they've served a ban and are now clean, but that shouldn't apply to the Olympics. Don't think that's fair? Tough ****.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Agree with adding squash to the Olympics. It amazes me that they are going to add golf in Rio but no squash.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Diving, gymnastics, dressage, synchronised swimming - all gone. Their scoring systems are entirely subjective so aren't even real sports.

Walking - gone. Just feck off, yeah? As Johnners said all the skinny wankers break into a trot when they think no-one's watching anyway, so there's literally no point.

Football - would actually keep as is. In most countries the distinction between amatuer and professional no longer exists, so would be impossible to administer in practical terms. It's all a bit ****, frankly, but (apparently) gets the best viewing figures, so it stays.

T20 & Rugby 7s
    - come on down. A shot in the arm for both parent sports for gospel-spreading purposes and the smaller countries would be better able to compete in the abbreviated formats, so won't be quite as many arseholings.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Multihull event being added for Rio ftr
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Amateur marbles to be added.

Alot like professional marbles, but you don't play for keeps.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information