• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

Jacknife

International Captain
I loved Chambers pre-ban. Was shattered when he tested positive.

Never know how to react to him these days.
Agree, served his time and managed to come through it better bloke from his interviews.

My opinion on drugs cheats is, caught once serve a big ban, caught again find another profession

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussie 400m runner Steve Solomon a genuine pin head. Looks a one iron with ears.

Burgey

Faaaarrrrkkkkk, did anyone just hear the track side interview with the Australian women's pole vaulter on Fox? I dunno who did it but it was borderline personally insulting to the kid.

Burgey

Whys that?
She apparently didn't do well and the interviewer hit her with "People are saying the Olympic team needs taking down a peg or two, do you think this is part of that for you? Do you think this will do you good?" **** it was terrible.

Thought the kid was going to launch at the bitch who interviewed her. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah Jones - she's nasty when she does boundary interviews on the Big Bash too.

Fox coverage lacking Yatesy tbh.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, charming. That's up there with Rooneys opening words to Seebohm being "Emily, YOU MUST BE DEVASTATED" *cue tears*

Burgey

The kid looked about 18. I certainly hadn't heard of her before the Games as being spoken of as a medal chance or anything. Nor had I heard her yapping it up. Was a woeful interview. The kid looked excited to be interviewed at first, and then she got hit with that and her face just dropped. Was pitiful.

Should say, it's. It Alana Boyd, who made the final. Was another bird, heaps younger.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

She apparently didn't do well and the interviewer hit her with "People are saying the Olympic team needs taking down a peg or two, do you think this is part of that for you? Do you think this will do you good?" **** it was terrible.

Thought the kid was going to launch at the bitch who interviewed her. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah Jones - she's nasty when she does boundary interviews on the Big Bash too.

Fox coverage lacking Yatesy tbh.
That is a disgrace, unless you a Badminton player you don't turn up at an Olympics and deliberately do badly. God knows what may have gone wrong coming in to mean any individual underperforms.

Ruckus

International Captain
Heh, charming. That's up there with Rooneys opening words to Seebohm being "Emily, YOU MUST BE DEVASTATED" *cue tears*
haha she did exactly the same to Magnussen. He didn't look that bad walking up to be interviewed, and the she opens with that and he suddenly looks like he's about to cry. Dire interviewing.

Burgey

Just think these people already know they've let their nation down. Let them suffer in painful silence IMHO.