• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing hell! Bronze snatched from Canada. DQ'd for a minor step. Ughh, so disappointing. Ran such a great race at the end, especially Warner. These guys must be heartbroken. :(

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Really sad to see the Canadian Athletes celebrating the Bronze with the flags draped around their shoulders and then suddenly told they had been disqualified. :(

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bolt is just ludicrous. Thought it was going to be a tight sprint for the line then he just seemed to turn on the afterburners.

Amazing to think how fast they could have run had Bolt and Blake not ****ed up their changeover :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always something dodgy about that performance as she had rarely, if ever, beaten Adams in competition but came out and hit one world class throw after another

Tbh, having been to Belarus, I have no idea how they excel in field events as they only have about a 6 month window when they can stay outdoors - something really stinks about their performances

Adams seems like a nice person so good luck to her but it's disgusting that she could not have stood on top of a dias and instead will get the gold through the post

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah, really does take away from the prestige and glory because no-one apart from NZers will give a **** now that the Olympics are over.

I am glad that common sense finally prevailed though, Val gets gold for sheer personality and swagger.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, obviously you're always suspicious when an athlete comes back from an indifferent 4 years to produce monstrous results in an olympics season, but I'm still surprised she was caught, and apparently with very damning evidence too. Restores a bit of faith in the drug-testing programme that they had for these games.

So gutted for Val, she was devastated at not winning gold on the night, and while I'm sure she'll be thrilled to now be the official champion, it's just not the same as standing at the top of the dais.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame she wasn't caught before the end of the games and they could have redone the medal ceremony, the girl getting the bronze missed out on that too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few people suggesting Valerie should get a medal ceremony at Eden Park. The Auckland mayor seems to be trying to put something together. I think that's a nice idea, and I'll go along if I get the chance.