• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty critical article. Would imagine there will be even more criticism.

I wasn't that cynical regarding her announcing she's a virgin. I mean if its the truth, I don't see any issue with her sharing it. I can definitely see how it'd be annoying for Harper though to constantly be asked about Jones and her posing nude etc.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Only disappointing thing about the 100 hurdles is that Foster-Hylton had a chance to medal in her last Olympics. Shame that. She's retired earlier. That's how it rolls with sprint hurdles though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Kemboi is currently on trial in his home country for stabbing a woman, but that certainly hasn't prevented him from enjoying this year's Olympics."

Indeed

Spikey

let's hope the hooker guy wins gold so the total amount of australian athletic gold outnumbers the swimming #****theswimmers

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, so true.

Got a lot of time for Steve, comes across really well; intriguing to see how he goes after all his mental battles.

flibbertyjibber

Mo Farah begins his bid for Olympic greatness today. To double up in the distance races would be some effort. If he does it, i'd argue he would be the star of the games as it is so physically demanding.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else see the pole break on the Cuban guy in the Pole Vault quali's? Thought he was going to impale himself on the way down for a moment, didn't look like much fun.

Spark

Global Moderator
LOL at the pole vaulters. (also lol at all the pole vaulters' union jokes on twitter)

Scaly piscine

Mo Farah begins his bid for Olympic greatness today. To double up in the distance races would be some effort. If he does it, i'd argue he would be the star of the games as it is so physically demanding.
Depends how the run it really, if it goes down to a sprint finish again you'd think Mo would have it when he can do the last lap in 53 seconds. It could essentially be a repeat of the 10,000m, but with the first 5,000m cut off.

flibbertyjibber

Depends how the run it really, if it goes down to a sprint finish again you'd think Mo would have it when he can do the last lap in 53 seconds. It could essentially be a repeat of the 10,000m, but with the first 5,000m cut off.
You would think the Africans might team up and try and negate Farah, be a bit daft to set it up for him again like Saturday.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
"Kemboi is currently on trial in his home country for stabbing a woman, but that certainly hasn't prevented him from enjoying this year's Olympics."
Indeed
If you ask me the whole thing stinks to high heaven as a set up.

Johnners

I think it's only fair we blame Steffensen for Aus not making it into the 4x400m relay final.

Burgey

I can't believe the Americans and Dominicans ran that well. Didn't they know they were racing against Steffenson? Steffenson!!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Very well run David Rudisha world record and Olympic Gold in one go. Kenya's Olympics aren't so bad

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lol @ Bolt easing of in the Olympic finals and still winning. Had a finger on his lips and posed for the camera before the finish. :laugh: