• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Urgh. Justin Drugs looking worryingly good. Be hateful if he got a medal.
Yeah, at first I didnt care whether guys like he and Chambers competed in the Olympics again but after seeing how many of the ****ers there are (e.g. frog in the track cycling, gold medallist in the road race, etc etc), it's starting to give me the ****s

What's more, it's painfully obvious that the bans arent long enough as there is little to discourage athletes from having a punt when the rewards are so high

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Steve Cram basically just accused the Algerian who won the 1500m semi of being on something on live telly.

"Now I've never seen Makhloufi run like this before. Never. & that's unusual to see this Algerian be this good...I'm not sure what I'm watching with Makhloufi there. That was something that was rather surprising in the heats and he's been equally as eye-catching in the semi." :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shouldn't you be making breakfast ****?
Public holiday today here and I'll be in a marquee at the races with food so nah mate, I'm just going to enjoy googling discs/disks this morning thank you instead of making oats.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Public holiday today here and I'll be in a marquee at the races with food so nah mate, I'm just going to enjoy googling discs/disks this morning thank you instead of making oats.
Hope your tie matches your missus' dress.

wac.

Johnners

Ha, Steve Cram basically just accused the Algerian who won the 1500m semi of being on something on live telly.

"Now I've never seen Makhloufi run like this before. Never. & that's unusual to see this Algerian be this good...I'm not sure what I'm watching with Makhloufi there. That was something that was rather surprising in the heats and he's been equally as eye-catching in the semi." :laugh:
Haha yeah this was rather amusing. Watching via bbc stream and he might as well have just said "he's on the juice".

social

Adams has been included in start lineup

Always wondered what the officials who make up about 25% of any team do

Answer: sweet **** all by the looks of it

Johnners

Another PB for Solomon, awesome run considering he's only 19, hopefully enough to make the final.

Jacknife

International Captain
Pistorius though, one of the most amazing feats I've seen.

Rooney very disappointing run from him, usually so strong down the home straight and had nothing.

social

18 yo wins the last semi but good to see Solomon get thru

Only taken us about a week to see someone setting PBs

Jacknife

International Captain

I had to rewind the TV to make sure I heard it correctly, talk about calling it how you see it.

Kirani James looked scarily good, jogged the last 20 and still did a 44.5.

Last edited:

social

Pistorius up.

Thoughts on him being allowed to run? Think benchy said he was anti earlier.
Tough one

Cant believe that blades dont give him a benefit but reckon having something beneath the knees would be a bit of a plus as well

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pistorius up.

Thoughts on him being allowed to run? Think benchy said he was anti earlier.
Tough one

Cant believe that blades dont give him a benefit but reckon having something beneath the knees would be a bit of a plus as well
Can't be better than having legs.
I'm so so strongly against it. Having no lower legs would definitely be an advantage in recovery and injury management, given the calf muscles are one of the muscle groups under the most strain in that event.

Fantastic effort for him to get up and compete, but definitely shouldn't be in this competition.