• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should include all the countries within a 400,000km radius to us and just compete as Asia Pacific. Works for Great Britain. Pretty sure we're winning the Olympics.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Long jump won with the shortest winning leap since 1972 with everyone bar the gold medallist choking massively

flibbertyjibber

Long jump won with the shortest winning leap since 1972 with everyone bar the gold medallist choking massively
Yeah, I said it was wide open and having 2 in the final we could get a medal. getting gold was a surprise but I suppose there is always one or two events every Olympics that are sub standard, this was the one this time round and the GB man capitalised at home.

Spark

Global Moderator
Word is that Mitchell Watt jumped well under what he's been doing in the lead-up, tbf.

Spark

Global Moderator
I wouldn't put anything past the pathetic ****s that we call our media.

EDIT: Oh, apparently he did get asked something like that. **** me.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Strong first half of the marathon from Kim so far. Not gonna get carried away - there's no way she's in the top half-dozen favourites here. But it's awesome to see her so prominent.

Burgey

Am I right that this is the first Olympics where the athletes names are on their number plate thingies? Good development IMO

_Ed_

Yeah, good point - don't remember seeing it before. Definitely a good idea - the numbers meant little to the TV audience.

Burgey

Also means you can google obscure but hot heptathletes from northern Europe.

If you're so inclined, I mean :ph34r:

_Ed_

Crazy move from a random Russian! Comes from nowhere to join the leading bunch.