• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

Jacknife

International Captain
Oldest one on the books I think Koch's WR.

Remember her looking straight like a geezer.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Just been an unbelievable day of sport full stop.

Would love to have been in the Olympic Stadium tonight though.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No one's ever got close to Flo-Jo's (RIP) records, bizarrely enough.

Think Marita Koch (fnarr) still holds the 400m record too. Those wacky East Germans, eh?
Oldest one on the books I think Koch's WR.

Remember her looking straight like a geezer.
Yeah that was the one that sprang to mind first. 47.6 IIRC for a race where, a generation later, sub-50 is an achievement.

A few in the field were dodgy too but I think they got reset.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that was the one that sprang to mind first. 47.6 IIRC for a race where, a generation later, sub-50 is an achievement.

A few in the field were dodgy too but I think they got reset.
Prefer your world and Olympic records in clean sports like cycling, mate?

Jacknife

International Captain
Really has been a special day, hardly moved from the couch and got a sore throat from shouting.

Jacknife

International Captain
Very fast race that, can't wait till the mens final we could be on for a WR.

LOL they just stopped the cricket to watch that final.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every time I see Coe, I like to think that somewhere else in London Steve Ovett is handing out alternative medals.