• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Sailing Discussion Thread****

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only because there isnt one and out of respect for an ex-girlfriend's daughter who is on course for gold - early days but looking good for her

Flem274*

123/5
I don't know how they do it. I got offered a crack at this try it out day thing by a friend and spent most of my time crashing and unable to tie the appropriate knot.

Fun though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our banker looks like being beaten. Should get a few medals in Sailing though, usually one of our strongest events.

social

Girl is now 8 wins from 8 in womens match-racing - apparently a child prodigy but not bad for a 17 yo in her first Olympics

social

Awesome stuff.

Ainslie back in with a chance now. 3 points behind with 2 races before the medal race. Never write him off.
Guy sounds like a prize **** though (even the British newspapers are alluding to it now) so I hope the other bloke prevails

flibbertyjibber

Guy sounds like a prize **** though (even the British newspapers are alluding to it now) so I hope the other bloke prevails
Na he is just driven and generally needs a kick up the arse to get going. He has had it so will probably collect gold now.

Burgey

First sailing results in..

USA has taken gold, GB taken silver and Somalia a middle aged couple from Bournemouth.

_Ed_

Australia looking good for gold in the 49er.

TAB odds:
Aussie $1.30
NZ $3.50
Everyone else $15+

Bring it on.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can so see a stack of silver heading our way now the media has starting paying attention to it.

flibbertyjibber

Surprised it hasn't been picked up on before, guess while the swimming was going on they still expected it to change round there. GB and Australia are probably the two strongest sailing nations this year, going to collect quite a few medals each.

Jacknife

International Captain
Exciting end to the sailing but no stopping ben, Benn Ainslie WAFG, well done.

Never seen crowds that huge for Sailing, amazing.

Last edited:

social

Brilliant stuff from Ainslie

Got lucky with the conditions today but cant argue with his record

First time I've seen the Finn class boat but they look like an absolute dog and reminded me of a glorfied Manly Junior

Apparently designed in 1949 and havent changed much since