• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Basketball Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just using the common appellation. Olympics about the only time I watch it tbh.

Was it 88 or 92 the Dream Team came about? The one with Johnson and MJ in it I mean.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha even in basketball the Spanish are a bunch of diving prima donnas and crybabies. Unbelievable. Even though it is against France this is pathetic.

France being pathetic as well. Throw them both out.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha even in basketball the Spanish are a bunch of diving prima donnas and crybabies. Unbelievable. Even though it is against France this is pathetic.

France being pathetic as well. Throw them both out.
Haha was going to post the same thing. Its quite uncanny. Was pretty sure Busquets was playing at one point.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Chandler, Love and Davis would shut down Robinson, Ewing, Barkley and Malone.

Shut. Down.
tbf to this years team, I think at full strength (ie. with Rose, Wade, Bosh and Dwight, plus maybe a Bynum into the squad somewhere, plus maybe you switch in Isaiah for Laettner in the interest of fairness) that they'd give the '92 team a real run. Bird was a cripple and Magic was a loooooong way past his best. MJ with the benefit of a stronger front line may have pulled them through but it would be one hell of a game IMO.

In any case, back to real life. We need some baskets to keep this slim chance alive. We're not playing badly but the US haven't hit 2nd gear yet so we'll see. We need to be within 5 at the half to be in with any sort of shot.

Scaly piscine

Wow, yanks only 1 point up against Spain at half-time in the gold medal match.

A Spain victory would give me ample ammunition...

Scaly piscine

Ugh. Spain just couldn't make their shots in the final quarter.

May as well just level the arena now. Take out all those obnoxious yanks, diving prima donnas and convicts. Get some affordable housing put up.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
tbf to this years team, I think at full strength (ie. with Rose, Wade, Bosh and Dwight, plus maybe a Bynum into the squad somewhere, plus maybe you switch in Isaiah for Laettner in the interest of fairness) that they'd give the '92 team a real run. Bird was a cripple and Magic was a loooooong way past his best. MJ with the benefit of a stronger front line may have pulled them through but it would be one hell of a game IMO.
For consistency's sake, you'd have to pick the best amateur ahead of Laettner, and that would be Shaq. Or if Daly was sick of having so many bigs, someone like Webber maybe? Anyway, '12 would definitely shoot better but the '92's bigs would just be too much, especially guys like DRob and Barkley that could run with the MJs and Pip.