• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Tennis Thread***

Jacknife

International Captain
Don't particularly like the guy but man he played well from the bits I watched, blew him away tbf.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fed was so classy in defeat. Sue Barker asked him outright if this had come too soon after Wimbledon and he said something like "No, I'd taken three weeks off and felt great. Andy just played better than me."

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murray was awesome. Go and double up now kid.

Could set him up nicely for US Open after the disappointment of Wimbledon.

Jacknife

International Captain
Man those two shots were crucial, gave them a 2 point cushion in the tie break, shame he couldn't get another but great performance anyway.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For most players, yes.

But for Murray, whilst he'd prefer a Grand Slam championship, winning a gold medal in the London olympics would be freaking huge for him.

Its a special case.
Given that this Olympic tournament is at Wimbledon, it's almost a Slam anyway.

And psychologically, he's absolutely destroyed Federer in a 5 setter on centre court. That's got to be huge for him going forward looking for that first slam.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah so chuffed for Murray, absolutely love the guy. His dourness and normality are so life-affirming in a world of extroverts. And I say this without a hint of sarcasm. He is his own man and I love it.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
And for the first time the olympics are being given points for winners .. as in till now winners never got points that effect the official rankings, but now they do