• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Equestrian Sports Thread

Flem274*

123/5
Catch your horse ffs girl.

Nothing she could do to save him. He was a bit tired and got lazy.

And the Jamaican chick lost all balance there in the horses legs. Nice still seat to recover though.

Flem274*

123/5
Gutted mate. Nothing more jarring than being held up on course, wondering if there is a wreck ahead and trying to control your own adrenaline and your horse in bolt mode.

He's riding well so far.

Flem274*

123/5
I hope someone from the Spanish Cavalry made the Olympics. Hasn't happened in a while but it makes me laugh seeing some army bloke in uniform riding at the Olympics.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They love it tbf. Well, not the hurting part but the running around part. Usually the ones who make it to this level have big egos as well, so they won't back down.
Very true. Thoroughbreds are awesome.

uvelocity

International Coach
Aussie commentator, can't remember his name: "only two through so far without penalties, this course proving much tougher than some thought"

_Ed_

I've noticed a couple of horses have lost their footing on some corners - getting a bit slippery?

Flem274*

123/5
Aussie commentator, can't remember his name: "only two through so far without penalties, this course proving much tougher than some thought"
Haven't had many of the big guns yet tbh.

It's a tricky one for time, but the obstacles aren't overly tricky, the drop to the skinny excluded. Apart from the French making the angled upright part A look impossible there hasn't been much unexpected trouble for the seasoned teams.

Flem274*

123/5
I've noticed a couple of horses have lost their footing on some corners - getting a bit slippery?
I think it's fitness. Been a few early riders I've noticed just grinding up the hills and flopping down them. Always a sign of some poor footwork to come.

flibbertyjibber

Haven't had many of the big guns yet tbh.

It's a tricky one for time, but the obstacles aren't overly tricky, the drop to the skinny excluded. Apart from the French making the angled upright part A look impossible there hasn't been much unexpected trouble for the seasoned teams.
I think it is a fairly easy course with a tough time to get which is making the course seem a lot tougher. A few of the falls are people just trying to save time rather than it being difficult fences.

Flem274*

123/5
I think it is a fairly easy course with a tough time to get which is making the course seem a lot tougher. A few of the falls are people just trying to save time rather than it being difficult fences.
Yeah, definitely. It's straightforward provided you're fit.

Shrade just had the best ride through the water all day.