• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Boxing Thread****

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scoring system in general is messed up here. I haven't seen many other matches so I can't speak to that but even without warnings and conduct like spitting out your gum shield just to buy time, he still lost. If any scoring system says otherwise, it's the scoring system that's ****ed. But I doubt the system is that messed up - the commentators couldn't believe it and hell, the referee was shocked himself! He started raising Spence's hand before he was like 'WTF' and raised Vikas.
Do you think they should settle disputes the way they do in ice hockey?

biased indian

International Coach
The women are in ring and its look not bad .... and we should get a bronze atleast the next opponent marry kom has to face is not that great. dont know why she got a bye while the world no 3 had to fight kom in first round ?

flibbertyjibber

GB has their first boxer into a final. Woman beat the Indian who was favourite.

Could be our greatest ever boxing meeting seeing as we have 4 men in the semis and another in quarters who fights tonight.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
3 fight now and 3 horrible decisions - good to see corruption in boxing is not confined to the pros

No point watching another bout I'm afraid

Anyone see the Mazaheri decision? Iranian dude got robbed - or I believe he did considering the reaction of the commentators and media. I know little about the sport myself. Interesting stuff happens around 7mins+.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
GB has their first boxer into a final. Woman beat the Indian who was favourite.

Could be our greatest ever boxing meeting seeing as we have 4 men in the semis and another in quarters who fights tonight.
There's a chance my ridiculous prediction could come true.

Was a great effort by Nicola tbf, wasn't expecting her to come through that. I'd be disappointed if Stalker and Joshua didn't at least make their finals, and then anything else Ogogo could do would be a bonus. He has a real shot at winning the thing though, would be so impressive.

flibbertyjibber

Stalker just got beat by the Mongolian. Great fight, best I have seen this Olympics. Bit unfair on either to go out looking at rest of the fights in the same division as they are a class above. Wouldn't be surprised if Mongolian loses next round though as he had a really hard fight there.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mary Kom was competing 5 Kg's above her normal weight class in the olympics as 46 kg's wasn't included.

Nicola Adams has beaten her previously so not a huge surprise, but the height and reach advantage was too much at the end which Adams used well.

Burgey

Went to some bouts at the Sydney Olympics. Was a good night out, seeing a lot of different weight divisions.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's so lame they only get 1 point for a knock-down.

The Brit dominated the round, rocked her and knocked her over and she wins the round by 3 points. It's ludicrous. The Chinese fighter could get in with some of her slapping punches and she's back on terms. Ridiculous.

9 points ahead with a round to go. Has to close this out surely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great performance from Joshua. hope he goes on to the gold
Kid could be a star, actually. He's huge (physically) and seems a genuinely good lad too. Welcome change from our current crop of heavyweights who'realmost exclusively ****s (Fury, Chisora), washed up egomaniacs (Harrison) or both (Haye).

Although David Price seems a nice fella too, tbf.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unfortunately, the Kazakh was very ordinary (shouldve been beaten by a 17 yo Aussie early in the tourney) so we have no idea whether the Brit is any good

Having said that, it probably wont matter that much as a gold medal should be worth plenty to him irrespective of whether he has any ability

Last edited: