• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Swimming Thread***

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow from the little Plymouth/eastern european girl.

Australia having a poor meeting and France having an amazing one, big odds on that before the start.

Aussies poor swimming probably means we will be above them in medal table again.

Burgey

He did say it.

Here I was thinking Fromelles was a dark day. Singapore too.

And btw, it has to be said:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seebohm curses social media fixation after falling for own hype

Who the **** are we paying to handle the psychological state of our Olympic athletes? Because they are doing a piss poor job right now.

She got ahead of myself because of social media? Jesus christ, surely we have training and seminars on not to let the hype get to you, to not read social media if you can't handle it etc.

Was always a joke that she was paying $1.20 to win the backstroke considering she wasn't even favourite coming into the Olympics. This just backs up why.

Burgey

I don't know why Seebohm feels so bad. She properly acknowledged she let the country down by getting silver. She should move on now.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'm telling you bois, it's the swisse.

First it was ricky. Mark webber tanked. Cadel. The whole team is on the stuff. I guess the shipment was delayed is the only reason the womens 4x1 didn't get their dose.

Burgey

I'm telling you bois, it's the swisse.

First it was ricky. Mark webber tanked. Cadel. The whole team is on the stuff. I guess the shipment was delayed is the only reason the womens 4x1 didn't get their dose.
I think there's something to this theory. I hadn't had so much as a sniffle for four years. This year, taking Swisse vitamins - now on my third dose of the crippling Man Flu Virus.

Look at Cadel - last year he could've been cleaned up by a truck like Anne Hathaway in One Day and he would have bounced up. This year, died in the arse in Le Tour, and now out of the time trial with "fatigue".

I'm with Uve here. **** you, Swisse vitamins.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The whole Essendon team could use some vitamins itbt. Might strengthen their muscles and they wouldn't ping their hammy whilst running through the banner

Spikey

not a single player has been injured that way

maybe if cotchin took swisse he wouldn't've been sitting on the bench when hunt kicked that goal

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't see how him being on the ground when Hunt kicked the goal would have been a better result.

That's right, I'm being pedantic. Cop it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow from the little Plymouth/eastern european girl.

Australia having a poor meeting and France having an amazing one, big odds on that before the start.

Aussies poor swimming probably means we will be above them in medal table again.
With the exception of the men's relay, I'd have thought that Oz has done about as well as expected tbh

Fact is, we have very few big stars at the peak of their powers anymore e.g. Rice and Jones have done well to reach finals given their preparation/stage of career respectively

Reckon GB has been the big flop - **** all return on huge investment

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the exception of the men's relay, I'd have thought that Oz has done about as well as expected tbh

Fact is, we have very few big stars at the peak of their powers anymore e.g. Rice and Jones have done well to reach finals given their preparation/stage of career respectively

See what happens in Rio - China's "investment" certainly looks to be paying off more here than it did in Beijing.

flibbertyjibber

Well you expect Australia to do well, GB don't do that well at swimming but may get a gold from Adlington and from Payne. We are performing at our usual level, Australia have done very little compared to normal when you consider it is your nations obsession.