• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Swimming Thread***

Ruckus

International Captain
The Olympics are the pinnacle for swimming. You're not gonna be taken very seriously if you can't win on the biggest stage. In any case, I don't care even if he does back up his talk with some results. Same goes for Tomic. They're both arrogant wankers and can suck it long.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That being said, Magnussen has risen from $1.35 to $1.9 to win the 100m freestyle.

Surely that is value?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Olympics are the pinnacle for swimming. You're not gonna be taken very seriously if you can't win on the biggest stage. In any case, I don't care even if he does back up his talk with some results. Same goes for Tomic. They're both arrogant wankers and can suck it long.

Again, you seem to be blaming Magnussen for everything

Whilst he didnt swim as fast as he has shown many times in the past, the fact is that he still swam one of the fastest "legal" 100m times in history

The main problem was that they all under-performed (e.g. Roberts was more than a second outside his best despite having a flying start) not just Magnussen

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Magnussen unfortunately is the fall guy in all this, whenever I hear them talking about James, I'm wondering why they aren't questioning Roberts the number two ranked in the world who was quite poor.

It would have been nice if we followed the women's league by resting the 3 best perhaps the heat swim did more harm then good.

Looking forward to C*** Bomb's swim.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably because he handled it pretty poorly during and after the swim. Barely encouraged his teammates. Just sat there moping.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Way too many swimming events. Impossible to keep up.

100m, 200m and 400m freestyle. cbf with the rest

Flem274*

123/5
I hope the kiwis go well. Got pretty big respect for swimmers. Spend all their teenage years training in freezing water at 6am and 4pm and it only gets more intense from there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After yesterday's relay disappointment, described by Alan Jones as "the worst Australian defeat since Gallipoli", it was nevertheless a relief for this country that Nick D'Arcy swam as fast as my grandmother. Saved a lot of angst.

Getting a bit jack of silver and bronze tbh. Yeah, yeah I know it's not bad and "it's great to be an Olympian" but we all know that's bull****, don't we? Win ffs.