• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Martin got off to a flier, will have to hope he hasn't gone too quickly in that first half.

Wiggins even quicker!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C'mon Froome, it was Punks versus Mods when I was a kid, stupid green jackets.

BOO, alright then March of the Mods 'n' all that :)

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair play to the great man. :cool: If anyone else gets BBC's Sports Personality this year it's a rank farce.
Andy Murray the only threat if he wins gold and US Open. Unlikely but might be a decent contest then and the Scots would get behind a Murray vote.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should Wiggins win, and I agree he should, I presume it would be the first time it's been won two years in a row by a Cyclist?

In fact, and I defo cbf to look it up, I wouldn't be surprised if Cavendish was the first to ever win it.

Edit - except for Hoy obviously. What a brain freeze.

flibbertyjibber

So the track cycling starts tomorrow...

Who will come out on top GB or Australia? I fancy GB with home advantage.

The Meares/Pendleton scrap is too close to call but I fancy GB in the team sprint for both women and men. Hoy to win Keirin, Kenny to be beaten in sprint and our pursuit teams to both win.

I reckon 5 golds for GB, any more and that amazing as the Aussie squad is so strong too.

Real shame the individual pursuit and madison have gone though. Two of the best events. When swimming has so many events would it matter if cycling had a few more as it is such an exciting sport?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So the track cycling starts tomorrow...

Who will come out on top GB or Australia? I fancy GB with home advantage.

The Meares/Pendleton scrap is too close to call but I fancy GB in the team sprint for both women and men. Hoy to win Keirin, Kenny to be beaten in sprint and our pursuit teams to both win.

I reckon 5 golds for GB, any more and that amazing as the Aussie squad is so strong too.

Real shame the individual pursuit and madison have gone though. Two of the best events. When swimming has so many events would it matter if cycling had a few more as it is such an exciting sport?
Gold in the men's but the women ****ed up and lose their place in the final. Great atmosphere in there, think we will see a fair few more golds.

flibbertyjibber

Our Mens pursuit team were impressive, look as close to a cert as you can get tomorrow.

Me thinks we will enjoy the next few days in the velodrome.

Burgey

So, what's good for the Badmintion, is not so good for the cyclists.....

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams

What a ****ing joke.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imagine how Shane Kelly must view this type of ****

The rules were changed to save other cyclists from suffering the same cruel fate as him not to allow them to tank it if they didnt like their start