• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely the second suggestion refutes the first? He's one of life's whingers.

Poor quality human being, tbh.

Lots of cyclists set off, pedal for a bit and whoever crosses the line first wins.

It's fiendish in its intricacies, but I'm sure you'll catch on. :ph34r:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Surely the second suggestion refutes the first? He's one of life's whingers.

Poor quality human being, tbh.
Total nonsense. He was asked a stupid question after he ****ed up a great chance to win a gold medal. Trying to make some sort of deep character judgement off a few comments he's made after not thinking is fairly ********. He's a winner and he hates losing and says some things that don't sound great, pretty sure that doesn't qualify him as a poor human being or whatever,

After he wins, pretty much the first thing he does every single time is praise his team and how hard they work for him. I find it mildly irritating that people just seem to enjoy kicking him when he loses and says something a bit silly which happens occasionally, rather than focus on the fact that he's pretty much the best sprinter of all time (arguably) and a very decent bloke (I've heard this from many people I know at my club who have cycled with him as he used to race up here) that he's actually a smashing bloke. I know who I'm going to trust any way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's not just one instance, obviously. There's the "I'm the Barcelona of cycling" thing, the classless celebs (his own team famously withdrew him from the Tour de Romandie in 2010 when he gave the two fingered salute in winning), the fact he's so hated amongst other riders for being a reckless **** that a stage of the Tour of Switzerland was delayed in protest against his antics & the fact he had to change the dedication of his autobiography between hardback and paperback editions because he dumped his pre-fame girlfriend for a former Miss Italy.

Bloke might well be the best cycling sprinter ever, but he's not a nice man at all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Look, I've got a fair bit of time for Cav (obv not as close a connection as PF), but..

Don't care what's happened before, or afterwards, but he's known for ages that he's had the target on his back - that he's the man to win the road race because he's racing for GB and one of the best sprinters ever, in the London Olympics (yes, the track didn't suit him, but still...)

For him to whinge about other teams not helping him out is silly - sorry Cav, but you're the marked man, why would anyone want to help the person who is most likely to beat their own teammate? He got stuck into the Aussies for being negative - why should they help him catch up to the breakaway which included one of their own team? They're not wearing Sky guernseys now...

He was the obvious man to win, and people aren't going to let that happen - they'd rather let a lucky dip go down than help the best rider win come the Olympics. Simple.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good start by the Kiwi in the women's time trial. Fastest through the first 9km so far.

But the commentator's unaware we've already won a medal today. Best to check stuff like that before making bold predictions about NZ's second medal of the Olympics being imminent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good start by the Kiwi in the women's time trial. Fastest through the first 9km so far.

But the commentator's unaware we've already won a medal today. Best to check stuff like that before making bold predictions about NZ's second medal of the Olympics being imminent.
You have your own Kiwi commentators over there for it all?

_Ed_

Yeah, it's all NZ commentary. Some of them are definitely there, but I think quite a bit of it is just being done over the TV footage - not sure if they're doing that from there or here. There's a lot of "hopefully they'll give us a glimpse of the Kiwi soon..."

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's all NZ commentary. Some of them are definitely there, but I think quite a bit of it is just being done over the TV footage - not sure if they're doing that from there or here. There's a lot of "hopefully they'll give us a glimpse of the Kiwi soon..."
Yeah, it was a little bit the same with the rowing, but I guess they might get set up in a spot, just doesn't mean that they get much of a view of what's going on!

flibbertyjibber

Feel for the Spaniard there, chain snapped as he started then had to change rear wheel as well. All chance gone through no fault of his own.